Chapter 5 - The Marking

Sorry it took so long guys! I had writer's block and stuff... I hope you like this chapter! :)

Brooke's POV

I guess you could say that I didn't sleep well last night. Who knew Jace had the magic ability to move non-stop while he slept? Even my wall of pillows didnt help. By morning, his right arm was strewn across my stomach, and his leg was bent and poking me hard on my ribs. Trust me when I say it wasn't comfortable. I groaned when I awoke. At first, I decided to play nice and try to get out of bed without waking the jerk of a mate. Halfway through, I gave up.

"Heck with it" I thought as I shoved him roughly off the bed. When he stood up, to say he was mad was an understatement. Apparently Big Bad Alpha doesn't like being thrown off the bed in the morning. His eyes, went from the usual colour to midnight black. Shit. His wolf took control. Nothing ever went well when this happens. I took a step back cautiously. He growled. "NO ONE DISRESPECTS ME. NO ONE. NOT EVEN MY MATE." He yelled at me. I kept walking back in fear until my back touched the wall.

I was scared stiff. He neared me. Eyes blazing with anger. I turned my head, not making any eye contact. I couldn't face him.

I felt a sharp pain on my neck then. I gasped. He must've hit me. I turned my head to look at him. I saw his canines sunk into my skin.

I screamed like I never screamed before. HOW DARE HE MARK ME? I pushed his body away from mine with all my stength, sending him flying across the room. But it was too late, the mark was already there. I kicked him and jumped through the window, shifting to my brown wolf.

He marked me. These 3 words were in my head as I ran. He couldn't have. Mates will make sure its okay with the other person before he marks her. Why didn't he? Oh that's right. It cos he's an ASSHOLE. I hated him more than ever now.

I ran for a couple of hours, before I shifted back and fell asleep under a tree from exhaustion.

I woke up when I felt someone put handcuffs on my hands. I hissed when they burned my skin. Silver.

"Here we go again." I thought.

I looked up expecting to see Jace or someone from his pack, but I was wrong. I didn't recognize him, but was too tired and thirsty to protest when he brought me away.

I was brought before an alpha who was told by the guy that chained me that I was a rogue. Urgh.

I had to explain to the alpha, whose name was Daniel, my entire story, and he still didn't seem to believe me. He wanted to bring me back to him. But I stopped him.

"Please, Alpha Daniel, let me stay. Just for a few weeks. I don't want to face my mate. I need a break from him. Please? " I looked at him pleadingly. When I saw his eyes soften, I knew I had won.

After I calmed down and stopped jumping up and down, the alpha showed me to my room. It was huge, and completely decorated in purple and gold, giving the room a fancy look. I loved it. Alpha Daniel gave me some of his sister's clothes and left me alone to change. I put on the black shorts and blue shirt before leaving my room to explore the pack house.

I went down the stairs and turned right. I soon found myself in a lounge. I stared at it in awe. There were 5 flat screen TVs and each was connected to either an Xbox or a Wii. I squealed before plopping myself on a couch and started to play a Mario game on the Wii.

"Hey Brooke! I'm Taylor. My brother told me about you. Can I join you?" A girl with blue eyes and light brown hair said, smiling at me. I nodded my head twice. She was really fun to hang with, and I had more fun in that few hours than I ever did before. We stopped playing just when an omega (Basically something like a servant) called us for dinner. I was introduced to the pack. I sat down beside Taylor and this really hot guy, who told me his name was Austin. We hit it off really well, and he even asked me out tomorrow night. My wolf was telling me to say no, to tell him I had a mate. Once again, I didn't listen. I agreed and was actually looking forward to it.