Chapter 12 - The tour

Brooke's POV

I honestly did not know what to think of Jace's sudden possessiveness. It took me completely by surprise. I knew mates were possessive, but I never thought the extent of their possessiveness was that bad. I never knew that they would kill somebody for looking or touching their mate. Thankfully, I had stopped Jace in time, or I was sure, the man would've been dead long ago.

His possessiveness. Good? Bad? I had no idea. But I certainly liked it when I found out he had cooked me breakfast this morning - bacon, eggs and pancakes. There were absolutely lovely. I think he was trying to win me over, despite the fact I had already made it clear to him that we were just friends.

Just friends.

I didn't like saying it. I knew my wolf didn't either. Honestly, when I told Jace the reason why I couldn't be with him just yet, I was lying. It wasn't because I was not ready. It was because I was still confused. Confused as to whether I should forgive him. Confused as to whether or not I should give him a chance.

Maybe if we stayed friends for a while, I would finally come to a decision.

I was currently in Jace's car. He was showing me around town, just as he promised me he would. We had been driving for nearly an hour, and I think that we were nearing our first destination. I didn't know where we were going, until we got there. It was a park, I think.

Kids running, laughing as they did. The atmosphere was great, and so was the weather- not too hot, nor was it raining. It was perfect.

Off all the other places I this town, he brought me to a park. Why? I had no idea. I didn't bother asking though.

I stepped out of the car, and smiled when I felt the sun rays on my face. I caught Jace staring at me.

"What?" I asked. I didn't really like people staring at me, it made me feel self-conscious.

"You're beautiful." His reply caught me completely off guard. I blushed at that, only for him to chuckle at me, and for me to blush harder, which was saying something considering that it was almost humanly impossible for me to blush.  

He grabbed my hand and tugged me over to the swings. I sat in it and he pushed me. I felt like a kid again. I felt alive again. That was something I never felt since I ran away from my pack, and I had to say, I liked feeling like this.

We ran around the park, laughing, playing, and basically having fun. I was pretty sure, we were scaring all the other kids at the park. But I didn't care. I was having fun and that was all that mattered.

By the time we were done there, it was already 4 p.m. and I was exhausted. I badly wanted to go home to rest. Unfortunately for me, the tour wasn't done yet.

"Jaceee i'm tiredddd." I whined. By then, I had concluded that I had the maturity level of a 5 year old. And even saying that, was an insult to all 5 year olds.

Jace frowned, as if thinking of what to do. Suddenly, a wide grin spread across his face. I opened my mouth to ask him, what he was thinking about, but I never got to ask him, before he lifted me up bridal style and carried me to the car. I was squealing when he picked me up, causing nearly all the people in the park to turn their heads and stare.

He carried me all the way to the car, despite my protests, and placed me on the passenger seat. 

I couldn't say I didn't like it when he carried me though. Because that would've been a lie. As much as I hate to admit it, he was my mate, and sooner or later, the mate bond would be too strong to resist. It was already getting stronger, in fact, I could feel it. But I was trying to prolong it. I was still undecided on whether to forgive him or not.

At this point of time, it may seem like I'm a really unforgiving person. I really am not, to be honest I am quite the opposite. And a small part of me wanted to forgive Jace. But if you think about it, about all he's done, you seriously can not blame me for not forgiving him yet.

Maybe I will forgive him, someday. Just not now.

--------------------

Hey guys :) I'm incredibly sorry that it took so long for me to update! I've been having exams. I'm really sorry. Also, I know this chapter is very short. But I really wanted to update today, because I sorta feel bad that I haven't been updating. I hope you like this chapter!

Comment (Is it too cliché? I think it is...)

Fan

VOTE

Pretty please?

I love you all...

And I'll try to update ASAP!

~Claudia :)