Chapter 7 - Heat

Brooke's POV

*2 weeks later*

"I can't believe you're going out with him. This is so wrong. Break up with him. He's a douchebag."

I sighed, tired of my wolf's crap. She's STILL going on about how I should be with Jace, blah blah blah. Annoying, I know. But she's my wolf. Stuck with her for life and no means of getting rid of her. Blocking her is no use. It drains me of energy and I can't keep blocking her for so long.

I felt my phone vibrate. I looked at it and smiled.

"Morning babe. Shall we head out for a run? Meet you at the front porch at 9:15. Love you :)" Austin had sent.

That's right, me and Austin are still going out. Speaking of such, today was our 2 weeks anniversary. I had gotten him a beautiful Rolex watch that I was sure he would love.

I sent him a quick 'ok' and glanced at my alarm clock. 8:35. I should probably get up now. I untangled myself from my covers and headed to the toilet.

My reflection in the mirror caught my eye. My eyes, they were no longer the usual green.They were much darker.

No

No

No

This was not happening. I grabbed my phone and checked the date. I gasped.

Its been two weeks since I ran away, two weeks since he marked me, two weeks since I last saw him.

This could only mean one thing. I was in heat.

This is bad. Very bad.

A female wolf goes into heat when they haven't seen their mate in around 2 weeks, or, when they met their mate, but haven't completed the mating in two weeks since they met.

Mine was both reasons. This heat will be very severe. Worse still, my mate's an alpha. The heat would affect me way worse than any average she-wolf. My wolf will long for her mate's touch. It would be harder to control her taking over my body, and running back to Jace. She was already trying to take over, hence my eyes turning black - the colour of my wolf's eyes.

But that wasn't why I was afraid. I could still control her. No, its because my scent will be stronger. It would make it way easier to locate me, for Jace and his pack to locate me.

And the only way the heat will go away, os if I mate..... with Jace. I shuddered at the thought. Jace? Mating? Ew.

I sighed, trying to ignore the heat. The pain in my chest made it hard to do so. My wolf wanted to get out, but I was resisting. Now that I was in heat, I wasn't so sure whether or not to go for a run. It was too risky. I brushed away the thought, a few minutes couldn't hurt right?

I took a shower and started getting ready to go for a run with Austin.

Jace's POV

"ARGHH" I shouted, grabbing the first thing I could see and throwing it out of the window.

The pain was getting more intense and more often these days. I couldn't take it anymore. I needed my mate. The pain. it only meant that she was....cheating. I couldn't bring myself to believe it.

"That's the 5th chair since yesterday." I heard Ethan, my third in command mutter. It was soft, but with my werewolf senses, I just about heard it. I growled at him. He backed off immediately. I almost laughed. He was my third, strong, but also a big coward. Scared of me? I scoffed.

Honestly, you couldn't blame him. I hadn't seen my mate in a little over two weeks. My mood was foul, and I was living on caffeine. I didn't eat. I didn't sleep. I spent my time looking for Brooke.