Chapter 10 - Us?

Brooke's POV

I couldn't explain how I felt right now. I was annoyed, because Jace thought that he could just say sorry and expect all the things he has ever done wrong to disappear. Yet I was happy, because he wants us to be together. I don't know, honestly, why I was glad about that. I didn't like him, so why was I glad that he wants us to be together? I feel so confused. Everything just doesn't make sense to me.

Maybe it was because I didn't know the first thing about love. Back in my pack, I dated no one, mainly because I had an over protective father, but also because I wanted to wait for my mate. Now I had met him, and I hate him.

Needless to say, my life sucked.

I was in Taylor's room, with Taylor of course. She was currently telling me a very detailed story of her first date with Cayden. I wasn't listening though, for my thoughts were consumed with Jace and I.

I really didn't like Jace. Or do I? What am I saying? Of course I don't. I really don't.My thoughts soon drifted off to the day Austin... passed away. The day Jace killed him.

I wonder though, what happened after I left? What happened to Elisabeth? I wanted to know, so I asked Taylor.

She frowned when I asked her, obviously annoyed that I interrupted her on her speech about her mate. But she answered me anyway.

"Oh, nothing much actually. Someone heard the commotion and called the alpha. He broke up the fight, and sent Austin to the pack doctor. He got rid of the rogue. Then he carried you away, saying he'll look after you, blah blah blah. Oh next I pretty much begged him to let me follow you, which he agreed to because I was his beta's mate. " I raised an eyebrow. "Nothing much?" I quoted her.

She laughed. After that, she was silent for a while, then nodded, as if she was talking to someone in her head. Probably mind link, or to her wolf. I doubt she was talking to her wolf, because usually wolves only talk to you about something important, or about your mate.

"Hey, you wanna go catch a movie or something?" She said to me, abruptly. It was kinda weird how abrupt it was, but I brushed it off. I didn't think it was important.

I nodded. It was getting bored in the pack house and Taylor talking non-stoo about her mate does not count as an enterTAYnment. Hahahha See what I did there? Hahahha Okay I'm lame. Whateves.

We went to garage to get Cayden's car. It was going to be our ride for the day. The garage was HUGE, and it was packed with at least a hundred cars! I'm exaggerating, but you get the point. Taylor skipped to a sleek, black BMW. I may not know much about cars, but I do know that this car was expensive. In fact, most of the cars in the garage looked expensive.

This pack must be filthy rich.

We got in the car, with Taylor driving. She drove us to a mall that was about 10 minutes away. This territory was foreign to both me and her so I guess Cayden must've shown her this place.

She led me to the cinema, and we decided on watching "Despicable Me 2". Don't judge. We may be 17, but even you had to agree the minions in the show are adorable.

We bought our tickets and popcorn and went into the theatre to wait for the movie to begin. The movie was absolutely hilarious! And the characters were so cute, that we couldn't resist but laugh at their actions. We were laughing so hard that we were actually the loudest in the cinema. Everyone was staring at us. No surprise there. Who wouldn't stare at two 17 year- olds laughing so hard when watching a show for little kids? No one, exactly.

"That was a great movie." Taylor commented. I agreed. "Shall we head home now?" She asked me. There was nothing else to do to in the mall and I didn't really feel like shopping much. So I said 'yes'.

She frowned. I could tell she was having another mind-link conversation. "Or nevermind. Let's go shopping now!"

I really didn't feel like shopping. "Taylor, can we just go home? I really don't want to go shopping.." I whined.

"But I want tooo! Please?" She looked at me with pleading eyes. "Pretty please with a cherry on the top?"

I sighed and muttered, "Fine..."

She squealed and dragged me to the nearest clothes shop.

...

"Can we go back now?" I groaned. We had only shopped for about an hour or so and I already felt tired.

"I guess we could go home now." She replied. We hauled all our shopping bags into the car and drove home.

10 minutes later, we arrived back in the pack house. But instead of parking the car in the garage, Taylor dropped me off at the front porch and told me she needed to do something. I wanted to get my shopping bags but she wouldn't let me.

I pushed the front door open and entered the house. It was oddly quiet - no werewolf boys fighting over something stupid or yelling at each other over video games. Rose petals covered the floor, creating a clear pathway.

"Follow the petals." I heard through mind link. I knew who it was. It was easy, for his voice sent chills down my spine - Jace.

I instantly knew, that whatever was happening, it was all Jace's doing, because he wanted me back. I should've turned around and walked away. I should've went to my room and stayed there. But I did the one thing I knew I would regret later. I followed the path of rose petals.

I didn't want to get together with him. But a part of me, a very small part of me, already wants to forgive him.

I followed the petals and it led me to a garden. I've never been there before. I looked around and admired the place. Beautiful isn't even a word to describe it. Flowers were everywhere. A single cherry blossom tree stood in the center of all of it. It wasn't the tree that caught my attention, though. It was the person under it. Jace.

He was wearing a tux and I desperately tried to tame my wolf.

He walked forward, coming towards me. My heart skipped a beat. Why was I feeling this way? I had no idea.

I took a step back, unsure whether I should let him speak, or run away. "Please, don't go. Hear me out first." There was something about the way he said it, that made me nod my head in agreement.

"Brooke. I'm truly sorry for everything I did. I never meant to hurt you in any way. You're beautiful, gorgeous and simply amazing. You don't deserve a mate like me. But please, accept these gifts from me as an apology. I would really love for you to not hate me, to be my mate. I'm sorry Brooke." The sincerity in my words made my heart melt instantly.

He passed me a box, along with a bouquet of an assortment of flowers, which were just lovely.

I opened the box, and was speechless at what I saw. Inside, was a necklace. It had round brilliant diamonds on it. It wasn't too flashy. It was perfect. I felt myself tearing up. I didn't know what to do. He gave me diamonds and flowers and it was sweet. I knew the right thing to do was to give him a chance. But Austin only died about three days ago. I wasn't ready. I wasn't ready to be in another relationship.

"So please, give me a chance. Just one, that's all I'm asking for." I saw the desperation in his eyes. He wanted, no needed, me. It was hard to resist the mate bond. Soon, I would give in to it as well.

Should I give him a chance? He was my mate, he was my other half. He wouldn't hurt me, ever. I could see he really wanted me to give him a chance too. But I couldn't just forget about all the things he's done to me.

"I made up my mind. I....."

--------------------

Oooooooh CLIFFHANGER :P

Should Brooke forgive him? Comment below!

Don't forget to VOTE and fan as well!

Chapter 10 done! We've come so far! *sniffs* hahah

Bye now! :)

~Claudia