Hangovers & Typical Days

❁ ❁ ❁

❁ ❁ ❁

My feet crunch against the autumn leaves as I walk down the street, the cool September air causing me to pull my scarf up over my mouth. I pull out my phone and scroll through Instagram, snapping a quick picture of the trees for it. Taking pictures is part of my daily routine. Although they don't compare to snap shots of the Amazon, or the Savannah grasslands, I take pictures of anything and everything I find beautiful. And, well, today there is a small family of birds in the green tree outside my house.

I quickly post the picture and stick my phone back into my pocket as I round the corner, climbing up the stairs to my house. I unlock the door and open it up to see a woman standing there, clothes loosely thrown onto her body, hair a mess. She is slipping on her stiletto heels when she sees me and gives me a disgusted look.

"Who are you?" She asks, hand on her hip. She eyes me up and down as if I'm a rat from the gutter.

"One of this house's residents. I live here." I reply, moving my scarf away from my mouth.

"Mark didn't tell me he had a girlfriend." She scoffs and rolls her eyes at me.

"I'm sixteen years old. I'm his daughter." I smile sweetly and extend my hand out. "You must be Miranda."

She raises her eyebrows. "Who?"

"Hmm, there was a woman here yesterday named Miranda. You know, she looked a lot like you, except...prettier."