Soccer Stadiums & Close Encounters

❁ ❁ ❁

❁ ❁ ❁

For two weeks, I couldn't get a word out of Grace. No matter how hard I tried.

But eventually, she was back to her normal self. I realized this when I walked up to her door to take her to the soccer game, knocked on it, and she answered it wearing one of the Chicago Fire shirts I lended to her. She has it tied with a little not so it doesn't swallow her small frame, wearing jeans along with it, and her hair is wild, the way I love it.

I'm just gonna let her keep the shirt. She looks absolutely adorable wearing my clothes. Like a little teddy bear, I just want to squeeze her.

"And I thought you couldn't get any more cute," I comment as she closes the door behind her, smiling up at me.

We walk back down to the car, but she ushers me to the other side, seeming to hide behind it as if someone was watching us.

"Sorry I've been so moody lately," She says. "It's just everything going on with my family–"

"Grace," I quietly cut her off before she gets too caught up in an apology. "You don't have to explain yourself to me. I understand."

She nods her head. "Thanks, Isaac."

Her hand still in mine, I gently rub her palm, soothing her. "Um, I was talking to my mom the other day. We're going on vacation sort of thing over spring break next week." I start.