Photography & Lasagna

❁ ❁ ❁

❁ ❁ ❁

When I get home, my mother immediately greets me, saying a hello and offering a cookie or a brownie from the oven. As usual, I decline, saying I already had a snack, and head up to my room. She probably took offense to this, judging I didn't want to eat something she made. She is obsessed with cooking, to say the least.

I hear a loud crash and race up the stairs to see my eleven year old sister, Mia, picking a moving box off the ground. "That didn't work." She mutters.

"Here, let me help," I say, setting down my backpack and carrying the box to her room. It still smells like the fresh blue paint on her walls. I set her things down and watch as she unpacks. She places a few stuffed animals on her bed, and some snow globes on her dresser. "Who'd you sit with at lunch today?" I ask. I worry about Mia making friends, I don't want her to be miserable at school.

"This girl named Zoe and her friends. They're a lot like me, they invited me to their table. They also said they liked my drawings," She says as she places picture frames on her shelves. Relief fills me, I was worried Mia would struggle to make friends, since she's the shy type. "How is Luke?" She returns with a question.

I shrug my shoulders. "He's alright. I didn't sit with him today, but we went to the Diner after school."

"Where's that?" She asks, continuing to place her belongings.