Family Feuds & Keeping Secrets

❁ ❁ ❁

❁ ❁ ❁

A two weeks passed by since the date with Isaac, and let's just say school was swallowing both of us up whole. Classes just got harder, and each day I was anticipating my college letters which were supposedly being sent out this week. I had always planned on Baylor medical school, but each day I was reconsidering my options.

Lately, my days have been filled with studying, working and practicing. Isaac and I have had barely any time to properly hang out, only finding time to share a few kisses here and there between classes or after lunch.

At our school, most couples don't make it to a month together, let alone four. And the kids in the shadows like me never are noticed by the popular kids such as Isaac. Therefore, I've had a lot more people beginning to talk to me. They'll ask me about little things such as homework and inviting me to parties. More people have found out about my gigs at the Italian restaurant, and I've seen familiar faces in the audience more and more every week. People are trying to get to know me better, but they haven't attempted to talk to me since the sixth grade.

And Isaac is his usual self, and each day I feel as if I'm falling more and more for him. I notice small things I never saw before. Like how he always leaves one last bite of food on his plate after a meal. He has an old pair of athletic shoes he wears on the weekends, along with replacing his usual collared shirt or flannel with a hoodie. I've come to know that when he was little, his favorite animal was a moose, explaining the plastic bin full of them he showed me once.