Breakfast & Ladybugs

❁ ❁ ❁

❁ ❁ ❁

I wake up the next day with a buzzing happiness. I scamper through the house with a bounce in my step, as if I am a little kid.

I had the best time with Grace last night. I drove us home, and she played me some of her music. She was trying to decide which song she was going to sing this Friday, what she was going to wear, and all the other little details. Hate to say it, but it was adorable to watch, her fretting over simple things.

She told me she was going dress shopping today after school. I asked if I could come, and after some debating and arguing, and a little bribery (I said I would get her some ice cream if I could come) she finally agreed to let me join.

I slip on my shoes, smiling to myself as I brush my teeth and comb through my hair before heading down to breakfast, where the aroma of sausage and eggs was filling the kitchen.

My mom sits at the table, a cup of coffee in her hand as she eats her breakfast, her long brown hair tied into a knot on her head. She wipes her hands on her napkins and stands up to give me a hug. "Morning, sweetie. Breakfast is on the stove."

I nod as she sits back down and head over to fix myself a plate. I scoop a helping of the food onto it when a small finger taps my shoulders.

"Save some for me, please!" Mia chirps as I turn around to see her crossing her arms. I put half of mine on her plate and she smiles.