Midnight Explorations & Truthful Stories

❁ ❁ ❁

❁ ❁ ❁

When I wake up, I feel emptiness beside me. Isaac is no longer sitting on the couch. The TV is muted, the ending credits of the movie rolling and the lights are turned off.

I groggily sit up, rubbing my eyes and looking around for any sign of him. I quietly call out his name, hoping he might still be here. But he's not.

I look down at my phone. A message is on the screen from two hours ago, just from the person I was looking for.

Isaac: Hey baby, you fell asleep so I wanted to let you rest. I let myself out after you started snoring, Grace Baker. ;) Give me a call later.

I set the phone on the table, yawning, letting the last but of tiredness out. Standing up, I head over to the kitchen and grab a bag of chips, bringing it down to my room as hunger gnaws at my stomach. I sit down at my desk, turning on my computer and stuffing a handful of chips into my mouth. I do a quick Google search for the town's music shop closing hours, seeing the store will turn off its lights not long from now. It's too late to go rehearse.

I let out a deep breath, placing my hands on the table in front of me and quickly running through the motions for my audition song, pretending to play the keys while humming the lyrics to myself. I stumble on the chorus build up, groaning and placing my hands back in my lap. This is why I need to practice singing and playing at the same time.