Broken Relationships & Time Apart

❁ ❁ ❁

❁ ❁ ❁

The second I close the door to the hotel room, my mother is immediately in my face.

"Isaac Ray Richards!" She shouts, anger flooding her face. "Do you care to explain why Grace came here, gathered her things, and took a cab to the airport?"

"I don't want to talk about it." I mellowly reply, brushing past her.

She doesn't quit. "You are certainly going to talk about it. The girl had a bright red face and swollen eyes! Why was she crying, Isaac?"

"I said I don't want to talk about it!" I answer. I run my hands through my hair, grumbling and sighing to myself. I look at my mom, who stands with her arms crossed over her chest, waiting for me to talk. I open my mouth as an attempt, but nothing comes out.

"Isaac..." She trails off. Her tone of voice is softer, and my agitation quickly turns into sadness. I sit down on the edge of the bed, burying my head in my hands. I let tears start to fall down my cheeks.

"She's gone, mom," I whimper. I feel her take a seat next to me. "It happened so fast. But she's gone."

"Can you tell me what happened?" She asks, wrapping her arms around my shoulders.

I shake my head. "I don't even know," I say between cries. "I...friends...–Cas–left." Is all I manage to get out.

"Shhh, shh," My mom pulls me into her chest, rubbing my back soothingly, quietly comforting me as I sob. It's the first time I've cried in front of her since I was little.