Flight Back Home

Ana's POV

After dinner, Jack went to his bedroom. I locked myself inside the guest room. Finn was with Emmy downstairs. I headed to Jack's room.

"Hey Jack"

"Oh hey Ana... Come on in."

"What are you doing?"

"Um. Just buying my flight ticket. What's happening between you and Finn, both were quiet during dinner?"

"Nothing. It's just that, I have to fly back to California. And Finn's a little upset."

That's was a very well-thought lie. Right on Ana.

"What time do you have to leave?"

"3 AM"

"Finn must be devastated."

I just nodded without looking him in the eye.

"Well, do you want me to get you a flight ticket?"

"That would be great, thanks Jack."

"Is Finn taking you to the airport?"

"Yeah. He agreed to take me. Could you say goodbye to your parents from me and thank them?"

"Yeah sure. Hey Ana, if you need any help with anything-"

I was behind him and wrapped my arms around him and planted a kiss on the top of his head. "Thanks Jack"

I locked myself in my bedroom. I packed all of my stuff and placed it next to the door. It was now 1:45 AM. I called up a cab 20 minutes ago and they said the cab would be here in 25 minutes. So, I headed down stairs and slowly entered Finn's bedroom. I placed a letter I wrote to him a few minutes ago along with the ring he gave me in his bedside table. I headed downstairs. I saw Emmy walking towards me with a glass of water in her hands.

"Ana, where are you going?"

"Emmy..." I whispered. "... I have to fly back home."

"Did Finn and you broke up?" I didn't say anything, hugged her,

"Emmy, I'm going back home. Whenever you want to go to the Grand Canyon or anywhere else, just call me, okay?" She nodded. "Could you please lock the door?"

She nodded again.

I was boarding the plane now. I tried not to think about Finn and how I cowardly walked away from him. I just couldn't bare the look in his face. I love him but I believe it's better to end things before all hell breaks loose.

Finn's POV

When I woke up I reached my iPhone which was in my bedside table. I saw the time and returned my phone where it was. I saw Ana's ring and a piece of folded parchment as I opened it I saw beautiful handwriting and started to read.

Finn, By the time you read this I will be long gone. I want to thank you for everything you have done for me. You have become and will always be someone very special in my life You have made me feel things I have never felt with no one else before. Any girl would be lucky enough just to have you in her life. Finn I didn't left because I didn't love you enough. I left because I thought it's fair to both of us. Whilst I was with you, I swear I never thought about anyone else. It's has always been you. But I realised that we deserve to be happy especially you. You were miserable just with the thought of me being with someone else whilst I was here with you. I just couldn't bear the thought of you suffering everyday because of the distance between you and I. In an ideal world, at least for me, you and I would be together. Perhaps in other circumstances, but right now try to be happy with someone else.