♛ 2 ♛

"Sorry!" I said looking down. The person laughed. A man's laugh. My eyes went wide. Aiden? It can't be.

I looked up and locked eyes with the one and only.

"You better be sorry! Now move out of the way." He pushed past me to go inside the bathroom. He slammed the door in my face and secured the door. I sighed with disappointment.

It was head chef, Monsieur Florence.

What luck I have, I thought. 

Even if it was Aiden, I wouldn't be able to look up, let alone talk. I rubbed my hands against my jeans and made my way towards the grand living room and stopped dead in my tracks.

"Aiden come on. I thought you promised to marry me!"

I backed away from the ajar door and listened closely. This isn't right. I shouldn't be doing this. But you should, you love him. Yeah, I do love him but-

"Olivia, can we talk about this another time? I'm busy right now!" I heard Aiden say. He obviously sounds frustrated, why can't anyone leave him alone. Always forcing him into marriage and stuff.

"Boo!"

I jumped from the shock and looked back to see Mary-Jane. I rolled my eyes at her and brought my index finger to my lips, telling her to be quiet. She nodded and listened as well.

"Aid we never get to talk. You're always busy with work! Baby, make time for me." I was about to walk in and punch her but Mary-Jane held me back. She told me to calm down and keep listening.

"How can I make time for you, when I don't have time for myself? Leave me the fuck alone!"

Mary-Jane's eyes went wide as she looked at me. I can't believe he just said that. He hasn't cursed ever since the King had been put to bed rest.

"He must be really angry," Mary-Jane whispered and I nodded.

"Who do you think you are Aiden? Just because your dad is dying-"

That's when we heard a slap loud as a clap. I flinched back and pulled Mary-Jane back too. We heard crying coming out the room and then footsteps.

"Hurry!" I said and pulled Mary-Jane away from the door before he came out. We pretended like we were cleaning a table that was opposite of the door. From the corner of my eye, I saw him looking around before exiting in the opposite direction. We let out a huge sigh and stared at each other before realizing that Olivia was still crying in the living room.

"What should we do?" Mary-Jane whispered. I shrugged my shoulders and scratched my head trying to come up with something. Once we made our way back to the living room door, we saw poor Olivia on the floor crying. Her right hand was placed on her right cheek as she sobbed.

Mary-Jane pushed me inside, closing the door behind me. That little witch. Olivia looked at me and started crying more. What do I do?

"Um miss, are you alright?" I asked nicely.

"DO I LOOK ALRIGHT TO YOU? Tell me..." her words transitioned into crying. I bent down to her level and looked at her cheek. It was bleeding badly. How hard did he slap her?

I pulled out an extra band-aid that I keep, just in case I cut my finger while chopping vegetables. I moved her hand as I blew on her cheek. I took out my handkerchief and gently wiped the blood from her face. She stopped crying and started sniffling instead. I placed the handkerchief on the ground and removed the plastic from the band-aid. Olivia flinched as I arranged the band-aid on her cheek.

"My face is ruined..." she exclaimed quietly. A tear slipped down her cheek as she wiped her nose with the back of her hand.

"Well, I still think you're beautiful." I gave her a big smile as she looked at me with big eyes.

"Really?" she asked. "Do you mean that?" she placed her hands on her cheek. I nodded and helped her get up. As I was about to walk, Olivia grabbed my wrist.

"He doesn't think I'm beautiful."

"Well then he's blind," I said, which made her laugh a little.

"I'm Olivia. What's your name?" she asked.

"Iris. I work here, as a maid." Her eyes went wide but then she smiled. She let go of my wrist and picked up her coat that was on the couch. I helped her out of the living room, along with Mary-Jane, who I gave a dirty look too.

Once we escorted her out of the palace and into her limousine, I turned to Mary-Jane and said, "I will kill you!"

"Hey, at least you made a rich friend!" she exclaimed with happiness. I sheepishly smiled at her and put my arm around her neck. We walked into the palace to see everybody rushing upstairs. What's going on?

"The king! He just had a small attack!" One of the servants exclaimed. Mary-Jane and I rushed upstairs to see the Queen, the servants, and the royal palace guards surrounding the King's bed.

"H-honey, please don't leave me!" the queen mourned between her tears. He gave her a warm smile and held onto her hand.

"How can I leave knowing that y-you will run the kingdom?" he said with a small laugh. The queen frowned and said, "How can you joke when you're in this situation?" The king laughed and looked around at everybody.

"Where's Aiden?"

Everyone looked down and whispered very quietly to each other. Mary-Jane looked at me and then at the ground.

"He-"

"He has some business your highness." I stared at the royal guard, Larry, who interrupted me and gave me a scary look. The king nodded and started looking around at everyone. He gave a warm, kindhearted smile, but stopped when he looked at me.

"How are you my dear?" he asked hoarsely. The queen looked at me with a dirty look and then back at the king.

"I'm fine," I said calmly. He nodded and laughed when Mary-Jane started crying. My tears were about to slip out any second.

"Well, I'm going to take a long nice nap," the king said.

The queen started crying out loud. He took one last look at her and closed his eyes. He smiled for the last time. I stared at their hands, as he was losing grip. Mary-Jane, who couldn't look anymore, walked out crying.

I was angry. Not at the King, but at his son. How dare he didn't show up. His father who died without seeing his son for the last time.

Business, my foot.

The royal guards rushed everyone out the room and back to work. The queen was still with his lifeless body, crying and screaming "Why".

I wiped my tears as I walked out. I took in a deep breath, thinking about my mother. She had died from the same illness as the King. But at least I was there.

Aiden, I will never forgive you.

___

hey, cuties! hope you enjoyed chapter 1 & 2. if you enjoyed pls leave a comment and vote :) thank you. see you in the next chapter