♛ 56 ♛

"Did you hear about the takeover?"

I hear one of the guards say to another.

"Yeah what is that all about? There's no way I'm wasting my time going through this."

"Right? We aren't even paid enough to do this shit!"

I turn the corner and sneak my way past the guards facing the corridor window. What is Fabio planning?

I hold the dagger in my hand in case someone tries to sneak attack. Running through the endless halls of wherever the hell I was, I manage to find an exit but it is guarded by two guards. 

I catch my breath and hide behind a wall.

I take a deep breath and close my eyes focusing on the sounds around me. It was as if the air was speaking to me and telling me what to do. I hold tight onto the dagger and feel something take over me. Something strong and powerful.

"Iris."

I open my eyes and see my mother standing in front of me. My eyes flutter with tears as she smiles at me. Her hair tied neatly in a bun as she wore a white dress.

I run past the wall and run towards the guards. They see me and run towards me. I crouch as they swing a sword over my head and I stab one of them in the calve. I trip the other with my leg and stab the dagger in his neck as he falls to the ground.

I feel arms grab my waist and throw me on the ground. Then a punch across my face but I spit the blood onto the side. He holds me down and wraps his hands around my neck choking me. I struggle to get a hold of my dagger as my handshakes and my fingertips caress the blade. I pull it close by the blade and grab the end of the dagger slashing it across the guard's neck. He falls to the side as my chest falls up and down from the rush. I stand up with all my might and make my way to the exit.

"Scum." I kick the dead guard in the stomach before taking my leave.

The cold air outside hits my face as tiny snowflakes fall to the ground building up a slippery surface. I stare up at the sky and take in a sharp breath.

"Run."

I turn my head to the left and see my mother doing the same thing I was before. She smiles at the night sky and points to the stars.

"You're not real," I say walking towards the illusion.

"You sound like your father," she says.

A loud noise from the woods across the castle makes me jump. I look back at my mother and she's gone. I step and stumble as tears fill my eyes.

"FIND HER!" I hear a loud voice say from around the castle walls and that is when I run as fast as I can. My hair flows with the cold wind and the moon lights my path as I run through the woods.

"Keep going." I hear a voice echo through the woods.

"We have always loved you." I run faster as my father's voice echoes.

"Iris, we will always be by your side."

"No!" I yell and take a turn. My breathing fastens and I can barely feel my fingers and lips. I trip over a piece of wood falling straight on the splintered path. The exhaustion from running makes me lay down and cry hysterically. Every sound of pain comes out of my mouth, but I cover it so I don't draw attention from the guards. "I can't do this anymore!" I say and look at the sky. The stars shine down but the clouds cover them slowly.

"Iris."

I stop crying and sit up groaning at the pain my arms and body. I turn around and see Aiden. He limps forward and my eyes shut and I fall back to the ground.