♛ 45 ♛

I sat in the limo with my hand resting under my chin and my elbow on the window side. The world looks so much darker through my eyes. The liveliness of Alexandria was just a dull, boring city.

In the car sat Mary, Lee, Miles, and-

Alex.

He decided to come with us to face the truth once and for all. I told him Elior was waiting for him and he would say to him the truth. It's the only way for Aiden to fight back.

Because I took his family away from him.

"So, tell me again," Alex says. I look at him with a slight turn of my eyes. He looks scared, perplexed, afraid. "How did you plan this all out?"

I sigh and wonder, how did I plan all this?

I didn't answer and continued looking out the window instead. I always bit my lip at the thought of Aiden's eyes boring into mine as he choked on the gas.

You did the right thing, my inner evil self-spoke. It captivated my every living second, teaching and telling me to do unimaginable things. Did I want to do that to Aiden?

Of course not.

But I did, the darkness spoke from within.

I take a deep breath and let it out. I put my hands in my coat pocket and pull out a neatly folded note that was now crumpled up. With a few twists, I stare at the page that had all the instructions written down.

By Elior.

When he jumped in front of me from the gunshot, he had slipped something into my pocket before falling to the ground. It's like he was planning all of this from the beginning.

I sweep my hand over the note and rest my head against the window as a little smile broke onto my face. It disappeared when I felt the presence of Aiden in front of me.

I looked up, and everyone disappeared from the car, except for him. He sat across with his left leg over his right, and his hands intertwined, resting on his stomach. A deep red scar marked its territory on his left cheek and down his neck.

"If you're wondering about this," he points to his face and sighs, "every time you do something stupid to me, I will get hurt like this."

I swallow down the pain and flicker my eyes away from his twinkling ones. "You asked for it."

"I didn't ask for anything. All I wanted was you, Iris."

"Please! Cut that bullshit out. You don't care about anybody but yourself-" I crumple the paper in my hands and stare at him with fury. "Hell! You're not even real."

He leans back and brings his finger to the cut, pressing down on it. My brows furrow and my body cringe at the blood oozing out.

"Say it," he whispers calmly, still torturing himself.

"Stop that! Please!"

"Say I'm real to you Iris!"

I get up to go towards him, my back crouched because of the car. He watches me as I struggle to make it to his side.

And when I do-

He's dead.

I catch in an audible breath, my chin quivering in fear and tears rolling down my face. My fingers tremble as they touch his pale face and blank eyes. He's staring right at me with a cold look. I put my hand on his bleeding cheek as the waterfalls of tears continue.

I remove my hand and stutter at the sight of where the scar was once. It was gone and clean. I look down at my hand and then back up to see no one.