♛ 30 ♛

"I'm right here!" I announced as Miles asked from outside the dorm room. He peeked his head through and then his whole body. "Is something wrong?" I was still a little mad about the fiasco that took place this morning.

"I just wanted to say goodnight. It's getting late. You should catch some sleep as well." He always spoke quietly while looking down at his hands. I nodded folding my blanket, placing it on my bed. Miles lingered for a bit and then quickly ran out. I chuckled at his behaviour and glanced towards the mirror.

"Oh, right. I broke it." I sighed and stepped out of the dorm and up the stairs. My senses got the best of me as an intense yet delicious smell hit my nose. I sniffed and followed like a rat before finding myself standing outside the kitchen doors. Licking my lips and rubbing my hands together, I burst in only to be greeted by Drew.

"Hey Rose- I mean, Iris."

"What are you doing here?" I asked annoyed as I crossed my arms and tilted my head to the side.

"No need for the attitude," he grumbled and picked up a spoon that held some soupy texture. "Wanna taste?" He motioned it towards me.

"Sure," I responded unsurely and pulled my feet towards him. I was about to grab the spoon, but he offered to feed it to me. With a sigh, the soup entered my mouth which made me gasp. "This is amazing! What is it?" I put a hand on my mouth in awe as he pointed to the cookbook I had brought him.

"Thanks to you, Elior enjoyed his breakfast. Or at least that's what Derek said."

"Good for you," I marvelled with a laugh as his face went from a smile to narrow eyes.

"You got a little something, uh, right there," he took his thumb and wiped the stain that was near my lips. His eyes were piercing through mine as he cleaned. "There. All done." He pulled back and went back to stirring the pot of soup. I sat on the counter and watched him.

"I thought you couldn't cook?" I inquired which made him chuckle.

"My ma taught me a little. The basics, you know, like bread and eggs."

"I wish I knew how to cook." I looked up and laughed as he observed in confusion.

"I thought you had an immense knowledge about cooking?" He mocked Derek. I rolled my eyes and stared at the stirring of the soup.

"Rose has an immense knowledge of cooking. Iris likes to watch people cook. And eat." We both laughed at my statement as he agreed with me. There was a silence where there were lingering laughs, and we just stared at eachother for the longest time. His eyes went soft and looked around my face before stopping on my lips.

"Iris-"

"Shouldn't you two be sleeping?"

We turned our heads to see Derek standing at the entrance with his arms crossed and a suspicious look on his face. I quickly got off the counter and waved goodbye to Drew, who looked like he wanted to keep talking.

"Sorry, Derek-"

"You're needed upstairs. It's before midnight; you still have one task to finish, am I right?" Derek questioned snarkily, wiping his hands on his purple handkerchief. I sighed and nodded as he pointed me out the doors. "Finish up your business, Chef!" And with that, he shut the doors and scoffed at me.

It was hard to see my steps upstairs towards Elior's bedroom door. I hated the dark, but somehow the moonlight shining through the windows made it better. The walls were my guide at this point. Once I managed to find the door, I gave it a light knock.

"Come in," his voice mellow from the inside. I fabricated a punching gesture from the other side, but right as I was about to throw a mean punch, the door opened by itself and in front of me stood Elior. His hair was brushed down unlike the usual gelled up style. He was wearing a white, plain shirt and grey sweatpants. A pair of thick-rimmed glasses rested on his nose, maybe he was reading.