♛ 17 ♛

It has been weeks since Aiden pulled that stupid stunt. I couldn't leave the dorm or do anything. Instead, I just laid in bed and ate. Mary tried kicking me off, but I would come crawling back. 

"That's it!" Mary exclaimed as she threw a pillow at my body. I jumped up in pain and threw it back at her. "Iris, you need to get out. Get some air. Refresh your mind." She crossed her arms as I looked at her with a grumpy expression. 

"I don't wanna," I said in a baby voice. She glared at me and shot lasers into my face. I gulped and turned my body away from hers. 

"Aiden wants to see you." 

I sat up straight as a serious look fell on my face. See me? For what? To embarrass me again? Yeah right. I'll never see his cocky face ever again. 

Here I stood in front of his office, ready to see his cocky face. What's wrong with me? One minute I'm all 'I don't wanna see him!',  and the next thing I'm here standing tall and ready to fight. I knocked on his door and opened it. He sat at his desk, looking all serious and shit. I walked in with an attitude and slammed my hands on his desk. He looked up at me with a bored face and pushed my hands away. 

"Talk," I said as I pretended to check out my nails. He cleared his throat and asked me to take a seat. I rolled my eyes and dropped myself into his chair. 

"Mother is coming back," he said as he intertwined his hands. 

"So? She doesn't like me anyways." I looked away as I crossed my arms. She hated me.

"Exactly. She requested a... dinner." 

My eyes almost popped out, but I kept my cool. I didn't wanna give him a big reaction that he was expecting. He looked taken back as I shrugged and flipped my hair. 

"So?" 

"Can you please focus?" 

I gave him a glare and gestured him to continue talking. He ran his fingers through his hair and sighed. 

"Let's just say, something might happen. She's very unpredictable. Just, for God's sakes, act normal!" he demanded which made me scoff and lean in. 

"Listen Aiden, I'll act like whoever and whatever I want. If your prissy mother can't accept that, then I guess this marriage is over," I said as I pretended to drop the mic. 

"You know you can't back out of this contract?" he said calmly. 

"Yeah I know," I replied quietly as I took a seat again. "I just wanted to cherish that moment." I let out a small laugh and scratched the back of my neck. He sighed exasperatedly and stood up. He buttoned his suit and gave me a pressing look. 

"Dinner is at seven. Be there on time. I'll take the first car, but I'll have a limo waiting for you," he said as he made his way outside with me following him. He turned around and said, "Dress properly." He eyed my outfit and turned to march out the door. I muttered swear words under my breath and crossed my arms. Dress properly?! Oh, I'll dress properly. I smirked at my plan and walked out. 

---

I checked myself out one last time in the mirror and smirked. Mary gulped as she clutched onto my trench coat. 

"Are you sure you won't get kicked out of the palace?" she said as she handed me the coat. I chuckled at her comment and shook my head. 

"Chill. There's no way I'll be leaving this place 'till I get my revenge on him." I tilted my head and gazed at myself. I was wearing a plain black t-shirt tucked into my black skinny jeans and some white vans. They will be expecting a dress, but I will show up as a rock star. "Gotta go!" I put on the coat and walked out the dorm.