♛ 49 ♛

Elior's POV

A day before

I walk behind the rest of the rescue team as they chat quietly in the empty palace halls. To think I used to rule this place before the destruction. I look down at my tied hands and sigh. I earn a look from Kai as he watches me closely. Behind me walks someone named Fox who's eyes didn't leave my neck.

A vampire.

"I don't understand why my hands are tied when you said it yourself that I saved Iris," I whisper to Delilah who was discussing something with Rayla. She looks back at me and everyone stops walking. I raise a brow at her leadership.

"You might be a saint in her eyes, but to us-" she points at herself and everyone circling us. "- you are still a killer."

Guilt washes over me as they look away from me in pure hate.

"I apologize-"

"Apology isn't going to cut it Elior."

"What can I do to at least get you all to look at me?"

"Oh, we've looked at you enough. It's just a matter of time when no one would." She turns around and starts walking. I feel a push on my back to continue strolling and I do. No sneering, no nothing. Just mindless treading 'till I see Iris. There was nothing left inside of me to show these people how powerful I am.

Or was.

We round a corner and I feel a pair of arms grab my shoulders and pull me back. Kai puts his hand on my mouth and looks back and then at me, his forehead sweat dripping down his face. I cringe and close my eyes and hold my breath.

"Can't believe he's thinking of a takeover."

Guards.

"Yeah, well, his son is back and Primrose is happy that they won," the deep voice said. Kai and I envelop ourselves in the shadows, blending in with the dark. The voices fade down the hall and I release my breath as his hand falls from my mouth.

"Thanks," I say as I watch the others come out of the shadows and continue the walk. Delilah looks back at me every now and then with disgust. I look down and try picturing Iris again and again.

"Weird," Kai says as he looks at me with shock.

"What?"

"Didn't know that work existed in your vocabulary."

He shoulders past me, leaving me standing there. Fox smirks and chuckles before pushing me to turn around and continue walking.

We halt in a dark hallway and everything goes quiet. As if no guard or even a speck of dust existed within the very walls of this palace.

Hell, even I didn't know this area exists.

"Where are we?" I ask looking around. Rayla scoffs and puts her hand against the wall.

"When you're slaving away in this palace you find all sorts of nicknacks." She thrusts her hand and the brick shifts back creating a ripple effect throughout the entire wall. We reach back and wait as the wall opens up like the Red Sea allowing us a tunnel to walk through.

"Woah." A small gasp escapes my mouth as I follow Delilah and Rayla inside the dark passageway. Rayla pulls out a torchlight from the backpack she was carrying. She leads the way as we all follow her. The voices of a crowded room echo throughout the tunnel as light shines not far from the other end.