♛ 4 ♛

"I can't work today Mary-Jane."

I rolled in my bed with frustration. I looked up and let out a big sigh. As I stared at the blank white wall above me, I tried to forget what happened last night. I felt the tension and anxiety build up in me as I stared blankly, my mind full of emptiness. Before my teeth started clacking again, I managed to catch up on subtle breathing exercises to help me relax. I could hear the familiar continual tap of a heel against the floor from Mary-Jane.

I rolled over and looked at her with puppy dog eyes. I stuck out my bottom lip and quivered my chin, pretending like I was about to cry.

"Iris, no."

"Please?"

"No."

"Please? Pretty please?" She walked towards me and grabbed my shoulders and looked me dead in the eye. My half awoken eyes were finally open due to her scary aura. She looked like an eagle who found her prey.

"The ball has been moved to tomorrow," she started. "Now if you don't get up from that damn bed, then I will cut your hair and feed it to Queen Alexandra!"

I looked at her with wide eyes and started laughing. I don't know why I found myself laughing so hard, but all of the sudden, I couldn't stop. My breath came in quick gasps between my unstoppable giggles.

Tears gathered in the corners of my eyes, threatening to spill over. Mary-Jane looked at me with a confused look and started laughing a little too.

"M-Mary!" I said while laughing. "T-thank you so much! You made me laugh with that dumb act of yours. You're the best!"

I got up wiping the tears from the corner of my eyes and walked past a very confused Mary-Jane. Once I was out of the room, I made my way towards the kitchen to prepare breakfast for the Queen.

"What would your highness like today?" I said loudly as I entered the kitchen. Everyone ignored my presence and continued working. I scoffed at their gesture and made my way to Monsieur Florence.

"Ah Iris, you're here!" he exclaimed in his thick French accent. I gave him a confused smile and said 'hello'.

"Take this to the Princ- I mean our future King," he said, handing me a tray full of fresh fruits.

"I would love to but you se-"

"No excuses. Our beloved future King is sick," he said and then leaned in closer. "More like hungover." I fake laughed at his 'joke' and scratched the back of my neck. He handed me the tray and shooed me away. I stomped my right leg in frustration and walked out of the kitchen.

"These fruits look so good," I mumbled to myself. "Always making me do work. 'Iris do this' 'Iris do that'." I rolled my eyes in frustration and walked up the grand staircase. When I neared Aiden's door, I heard a girl's voice.

"Olivia?" I whispered quietly to myself. I was about to walk back but stopped. My teeth clacked hard but
halted all of a sudden when someone stepped in front of me.

I looked up to see a boy, who seemed like he was Aiden's age, eating an apple that he took from the tray. Words cannot describe how handsome he looked. He was wearing a blue collared shirt with a leather jacket on top. His chiselled jaw lifted with a proud, pleasant smile. His eyes a sparkling green and his soft, feather-like brown hair tousled up with gel. He was charming and smart.

"Take a picture darling, it'll last longer." His voice was that of any rich boy, honeyed and proud.

"Uh huh," I said with my head tilted and just staring at him. He snapped his fingers in front of my face, bringing me back to reality.

"What's your name darling?" he asked, taking a bite of his apple. I looked at the tray full of fruits, realizing that I still have to deliver this.

"I'm sorry!" I said quickly and walked back to Aiden's door. Ok, Iris, this is it. Don't talk, just serve. You can do this. You are br-

"HEY!" The handsome man said as he kicks open the door. I stood shocked in the doorway with the tray covering my face and he stood beside me with a mischievous smile on his face.

"Why did you bring him?" Aiden said. His voice is so beautiful and soothing.

"Jonathan, why are you here? I told you to stay in the limo!" Olivia exclaimed. I gulped hard, thinking about last night.

"I made a friend. Meet 'fruit girl'!" He put his arm around my shoulder and pulled me closer to him. A banana dropped to the floor from the tray. I shook out of his grip and picked up the banana and placed it on the tray.

"IRIS!" Olivia exclaimed which caused both men to look my way. I looked at Aidan, who gave me a disappointed look, and then back at his papers.

"Hey..." I said with a disappointment. Olivia kept talking about the new dress she bought for the ball and all. I kept staring at Aidan who was too busy with some paperwork. I shifted my gaze towards Jonathan who was staring and smirking at me while he ate his apple.

"Aiden got a matching tie, just so it goes along with my dress!" She walked towards 'our future King' and sat on his lap. I looked away and started to play with my hands. Guilt started to build up inside of me.

"The only reason I agreed to that stupid idea was that you helped me last night."

My eyes shot up at Aiden who stared at a very confused Olivia. She laughed nervously and agreed with what he said.

"Oh, that? You can thank me later," she said. She gave him a kiss but it turned into a make-out session. While Olivia was enjoying her time, Aiden's eyes were open and his lips barely moved with hers. My heart is hammering but I keep my face casual with no hint of hesitation. Jonathan stepped in front of me and gave me a sheepishly smile.

"Where do you guys get your apples imported from?" he asked. The tears flowed unchecked down my cheeks and dripped from my chin. I was too sad to cry out or wail, except I just stood there as still as a statue.

"I don't know," a small whimper escape from my lips. 

I walked out with tears flowing down my face. The heartache was like a red hot coal placed in my chest, it glowed and burnt me at the same time, but it did not cool quickly like a coal in water, it throbbed and tortured me.

He forgot everything.

________________

yay 200+ reads!! tysm ❤ vote comment and pls check out my other book "The Sweet Bad Boy" ;)