♛ 38 ♛

Aiden's POV

"Welcome home," I said calmly as my mother took off her sunglasses and examined the palace foyer. The servants behind her carrying her fifty bags that she took on her unnecessary vacation.

"Yes. Welcoming indeed." She turned away in disgust and searched for someone.

"Mother, will you please let it go?" I said impatiently which made her turn around in horror.

"Aiden Godfrey!" She warned me by putting up her index finger in my face. I shut my eyes and sighed at her reaction.

"Queen Alexandra!"

We both turned around and saw a chirpy Ingrid standing there with her hands clasped in excitement. I glanced back at my mother who was fuming with anger.

"Little witch!" My mother exclaimed through gritted teeth. Ingrid looked back at me with worry, but I just shook my head. "Tell her to stay away from me!" With a quick look between Ingrid and I, she turned on her heel and left the room.

"What's her problem?" Ingrid asked looking over my shoulder and crossing her arms.

"She hates the idea of Iris and I getting married. It's a long story. Just remember to be nice to her even if she, well, murders you."

"Thanks for the heads up on my impending demise," Ingrid said with a laugh. "Um, I've meant to talk to you about what happened two days ago. We've just been kinda, you know, ignoring eachother." She added with a small chuckle.

"Ingrid, I'm really sorry. I've just been so busy with-"

"Thinking about her?" she asked looking around and not meeting my eye.

"I'm always thinking about her," I answered quietly.

"Of course you are," she runs her hand through her hair, "-well I have work to do!" She perks up and takes her to leave.

"Nice one Aiden," I say to myself. Looking up at the ceiling chandelier, I huffed with annoyance and turned around to go cheer up mother.

"Help me."

I stopped dead in my tracks as a pregnant woman stood in my way, blood running down her legs and sweat on her forehead. She's about to fall on the floor, but I quickly caught up to her and held her in my arms.

"Staff! QUICKLY!" I yell as servants crowd around us and revive the lady up. "Call an ambulance!" I looked around and saw Ingrid running towards us. She pushed the servants out of the way and crouched down to examine the woman.

"Aiden, she will die of bleeding by the time we reach to the nearest hospital! We have to deliver the baby here!" Ingrid looked up to the servants and commanded them to take her to the nearest room. They carry her unconscious body carefully to the grand hall as I followed them.

"Careful guys!" Ingrid commanded pointing here and there and then turning to me.

"Is she gonna be okay?" I asked, my breath racing faster than ever.

"Aiden, listen to me! I just need you to exit the room while we do this! We've called the doctors, so just wait outside!" She said putting her hands on my chest and slowly pushing me out of the door.

"Will you be okay?" I asked examining her bloody clothes. She sighed and nodded with a hopeful smile. "I've done this before." She winked and shut the door in my face once I was out.

"What the hell is going on?!" My mother yelled from above the stairs, Alex following right behind her. She tripped at the end of the staircase when she saw blood on my clothes. "AIDEN!" Alex helped her up as she rushed towards me and started touching my face to see if I was okay.