♛ 24 ♛

I didn't want to open my eyes. I wanted to keep dreaming this dream of Aiden next to me. The soft, cold sheets under me told me otherwise. My eyes opened, my eyelashes faintly batting against my lids when I blinked. I turned my head to see if Aiden was there, but instead, it was an empty bedside. Maybe everything was a dream? My hands slowly made their way to my lips.

It can't be an illusion. It felt so sincere.

"You're awake." I perch up as Aiden steps out of his closet room. He gives me a small smile as he tries fixing his tie. We sit back in the position we were in yesterday. It was real. He did kiss me. He did fall asleep next to me. I catch his eyes examining my scars and touching them carefully. "We have to replace these bandages." He stood up to make his way towards his bathroom. He shuffled back with an oddly huge first aid kit. He placed it between us and opened it up. I watched his every movement, from the way he undid my previous bandages to applying the fresh ones. Every time I winced he would shift his hand back and allow me to soothe myself from the injury. Then he would continue again. It took him around fifteen minutes to finish up.

"Thank you," I whispered. He stroked my cheek and smiled before getting up and placing back the box. I took his hand in mine and made him sit down in front of me. I wanted to say so much more and kiss him endlessly. It was like he read my mind and placed his lips on mine. We moved in sync. My hands finding eachother through his hair and his on my waist. We broke up and gazed into each other eyes like watching the night sky.

"I have business to attend, will you be okay here?" he asked as he fidgeted with his tie. It was twisted the wrong way which caused me to smile. I took the tie from his hand and fixed it for him.

"I'll be here," I said letting go. Concerned washed over me because of the amount of work I had to do. "How do I get out of my duties?" I furrowed my eyebrows as he let out a chuckle.

"Darling, you work for my kingdom. You're going to be with me in the future. It's about time you let go of your servant duties. Once you recover, I'll teach you the ways of how this kingdom runs." He stroked my hair softly.

"Promise?" I said putting my hands on his shoulder and intertwining them on his neck.

"Promise."

_______________________

The rest of my day was merely dull. I just circled around Aiden's room for an hour, picked up some books and scanned through, and took naps. The food was delivered by the butler who placed it right in front of me whenever I opened the door.

I made my way towards the window and peered out. You could clearly see the greenhouse from here. I saw a hat moving around near the roses.

"Fabio."

I wanted to go down there and talk with him. But I couldn't leave this room looking like a mayhem. I fell on Aiden's bed and made mouth popping sounds to amuse myself. I heard a soft knock on the door which made me sit up and stroll towards the door. It opened to reveal Mary standing with an envelope.

"IRIS!" She exclaimed quite loudly. I gave her a shocked look and placed my palm on her mouth, dragging her in. "What happened to your face? Where did all these bruises come from?" She kept touching and poking me. I squirmed and grabbed the envelope from her. It had my name on it.

"How did you know I was here?" I whispered sharply.

"The letter arrived at the dorm. I came to the main hall to find you but all I saw was a butler walking up the stairs and your face peeking from the door. That's how!" She ended with a big eye smile. I let out an exhausted sigh and scanned my name written in cursive. Who sent me this?