♛ 57 ♛

Zed, Aiden, and I stand outside what seemed like a burnt building. Where Primrose once used to be.

Zed falls to his knees and I console him. Aiden steps towards the building and touches one of the burnt pieces wood.

"It's still hot," he says cleaning the ash off of his finger.

"How could this have happened? How did Fabio find this place?" I ask out loud.

"He always had spies," Zed says hopelessly. I help him stand up and we walk around the burnt area. It smelled wood and plastic. Nothing disgusting as burnt human flesh. I look at the broken picture frames and papers lying around. Smoke rising from the ashes and surrounding the sky into a grey.

"It seems as if Primrose knew that this attack would happen," I say stopping in my tracks. "That's why there aren't any bodies."

"What are you doing here?"

The three of us turn around and see Elodie standing with her clothes ripped from the bottom and scratches on her face.

"Elodie," I breath out her name and she flinches. I step forward but she steps back. "Let us help you."

"Sounds like a joke. You have helped enough by doing nothing, Iris," she narrows her gaze when I look away guilty, "That's right, I know you. I have heard stories about your part in this."

"I know. I'm here to tell you the truth." I step forward but this time she stays put. "Look, Elior isn't who he was."

"And you know him so well?" She retorts.

"I do. I have seen him commit crimes that are beyond my imagination. He's done so much more. I thought he was a friend, an ally, and somewhat even more." I slightly turn my head and see Aiden looking away.

"That's my brother you're talking about!"

"I know! I know that and that is why I am telling you all of this. You know Elior because you have met him once and it feels perfect and safe. He was the last brick needed to build your house. But that brick can't hold the roof Elodie. He doesn't care about anyone except Fabio."

"You're lying!"

"If I was lying then would you believe me if I told you that I killed Elior?" I say blankly. Elodie's defence falls and all life drains from her face. "I stabbed him in the chest. He could be very much alive or dead."

"You killed him."

"I did and I don't want to lie to you, Elodie. Fabio must've heard the alarms after I left and saved him. I don't know at all."

"Iris," she starts. "What more do you need from me?"

"Your help. I need you."

She stares at me and then at Aiden and Zed. I trail her eyes to Zed's tattoo and the way she observed it.

"You're okay with all of this?" Elodie asks Zed. I keep looking at Elodie praying that Zed doesn't say anything wrong.

"I want to fight for what's right," he says defeatedly. "That's what Primrose stands for."

"The right, huh?" she says moving her eyes to me. "Impossible."

"It's not impossible until you try Elodie," I say to her.

"You killed my brother. You took the only family I had left. I will never help you!" She yells. I gulp and resist the urge of darkness in me. Deep breaths, Iris.

"What about Elliot?" Aiden says stepping next to me. "Is he not your brother, Elodie?" The way he says her name felt bitter. She opens her mouth to say something but holds back. "Elliot is fighting with us. He's fighting for what's right. Isn't he your brother too? Does he not hold importance in your life?"