♛ 9 ♛

hey guys I'm back! sorry I had a major writers block and I fractured my ankle so I was really lazy. But now I'm here so let's keep moving on with the story. I hope none of you left me. Haha alright let's go!

***

"Iris! Wake up! It's happening!"

I groaned and turned my position to the right. After last night, I didn't remember anything, and I don't want too either. I've already caused enough trouble for myself. Sleeping is the only thing that can make me happy and stress free.

"Iris!"

Something hit my body hard, causing me to jolt up and rub my shoulders. I looked at Mary Jane and furrowed my eyebrows in anger. What could she possibly want from me now? She threw the pillow across the room and sat down on the side of my bed.

"What do you want? Let me sleep!" I whined, slowly getting up from my bed. The cold floor made me flinch and shiver slightly.

"Queen Alexandra. She-she is picking a bride right now. About forty girls are in the palace right now! If we don't hurry up, Aiden will be forced to marry one of them."

I stopped and turned around. A horrified and confused expression on my face. I couldn't stand the thought of Aiden getting married to another girl. I turned my head towards the door and stormed out.

I need to see him.

Once Mary Jane and I arrived, we were pushed to kitchen to prepare appetizers for the princesses that showed up for their hand in marriage. I was muttering swear words under my breath as I peeled carrots. All the servants in the kitchen were standing far away from me as they mumbled stuff about me.

I was in a gloomy mode. I need to come up with a plan. If Aiden actually likes me, maybe he won't marry any of those girls. Maybe he'll wait for me. Or we could elope. But he's the future king, there's no way he would do that right? He's such a nice person. Unless he faked it. He can't possibly, can he?

I slammed the carrots on the table in frustration causing everyone to shut up. Mary Jane coughed nervously and took a seat beside me. She took my hand in hers and gave a sad smile.

"Let's go. It's about to begin."

***

When we arrived to the main hall in the palace, my jaw dropped to the floor. The girls that were lined up were mingling and laughing. They were the most beautiful human beings I had ever seen, other than Mary Jane. I put my hands in the front pockets of my jeans and examined the sight.

The clinking of a spoon against the glass made everyone be quiet. I stopped where I was standing, beside the princess of Denmark. She gave me a weird look and stifled a giggle. I mentally rolled my eyes and paid attention to the front, where a host stood.

"Please bow down to future King, Aiden Godfrey and his mother Queen Alexandra the fifth." Everyone bowed down as the two entered. I looked at Aiden, who had a bored expression on his face as he walked in with his mother. His hands were in the front pockets of his pants as he stopped in front of all the girls. He kept his gaze straight at the window behind all the lined up maidens.

"Shall we begin?"

My legs were killing me. I had been standing here for one hour as the host explained each and every girl thoroughly. I made sure the Queen did not see me when the host finished at the Princess of Denmark. I stood behind the princess's big dress, which surprisingly covered my entire body. How do they not trip while wearing this?

"Well. Aiden, who do you think will accompany you for the rest of your life?" Queen Alexandra's voice echoed throughout the room. I peeked from behind the girl and stared at him. He had the same expression and posture for one hour, but he finally decided to look at the girls. I sighed mentally. He was obviously gonna pick somebody.

"Excuse me maid, do you mind?"

I released my hands from the princess's arm, which I used as support to peek from behind. I apologized and let go. She gave me a fake smile which disappeared right after she turned her head back to the front.

I might as well just leave. I dropped my head and walked from behind the princess. Suddenly my feet got caught in her big dress, causing me to trip and fall in front of everybody.

"Ow..." I said quietly as I rubbed my forehead. My eyes went wide as I looked back slowly to see all eyes on me. I gulped and looked at Aiden who had a smirk on his face and Queen Alexandra who looked she wanted to execute me. You could see smoke coming out of her ears. I got up slowly and bowed my head down, not wanting to make eye contact.

"Aiden pick a girl this instant! Who will you marry?" Queen Alexandra exclaimed. I looked up at Aiden, who's gaze never left mine. His eyes didn't hold softness, instead it held evilness. Something bad was gonna happen and I could just feel it through his presence.

"The maid over there."

***

ok idek. I hope you guys liked this chapter and tell me what you think, I love feedback! Also go follow my other account achilliads . I posted a book on there too.

VOTE // COMMENT // SHARE

& I'll see u in the next chapter :)