♛ 46 ♛

Elior's POV

"Who knew you would return back to this palace?"

The nurse bandaging me quickly stands up and departs the hospital chamber as Fabio enters. I give him a tired look and try to fidget my wrist out of the handcuff that was tied to the metal railing of the bed.

"Greet your father," he says stopping in front of the bed and gripping his hands on the cold metal. I notice the rings on his fingers, and none of them are the ones that my mother gave to him. "GREET!"

I flinch and the pain in my stomach roots it's way into my body causing me to lower my head. "Your H-Highness."

"That's better."

I look up from my hair and watch as a guard hands him a key and he makes his way over. He smiles at me like the father he used to be and unlocks the cuffs. I wanted to punch him and hit him till he bleeds.

But I couldn't.

Instead, I rub my wrists as he makes his way to a chair next to my bed. He sits there silently, one leg over another and a cane handed to him by his right-hand man.

"What do you want?" I whisper, still staring at his beaming eyes. He looks so proud of what he's accomplished. After all those years living as a slave, and now he's sitting on the throne.

"Primrose. Why aren't you with them, son-"

"Don't call me your son!" I yell, but he doesn't change his expression. Instead, he smirks and lets out a chuckle.

"No matter what you say, or what you do. You will always be my son," he leans forward to my face. "Nothing can change that. Not even her."

"Where is she?" I ask as he takes a seat and buttons his coat. He was dressed in a perfectly ironed maroon suit and tie.

"First Primrose. Then her." He grips the top of his cane and waits patiently for my answer.

"I won't give you anything. The answer you seek doesn't exist."

He laughs deviously before standing up and gesturing his guard. The heavily armoured man walks out and then comes back in with a girl-

"Iris?" I breathe out as she struggles in the guards' grip. Her mouth taped shut and her wrists cuffed.

I jump out of the bed and fall to the floor from the pain. I groan and use the help of the other bed to stand up.

"Take my hand, son." He extends his arm, and I swat it away, standing on my own and limping towards her.

She mumbles my name, but it sounds blurry. I get closer, and the guard removes the tape causing her to wince and give him a dirty look.

I furrow my eyebrows as I look closer at her red hair, her healthy body, and her eyes. Those eyes.

"You're not Iris," I whisper and back away. She clicks her tongue in disappointment and runs her hand through her hair. "You're not her."

"He's too smart for this," she says and walks over to Fabio's side. He chuckles as the guard unlocks the cuffs from her wrists.

"Oh, Ingrid. We mustn't lose faith. There's too much to do with him."

"The money? For my dad's bakery?" She asks crossing her arms.

"You're Ingrid?" I question staggering towards them. She raises a brow and looks me up and down before nodding. "The girl with Aiden. The one who replaced Iris?"

"Please," she scoffs. "I like to be known as Primrose's finest."

"Ingrid here hasn't properly introduced herself." He uses the cane and gives her nudge on the back causing her to wince.