♛ 10 ♛

"The maid? Are you out of your mind Aiden? How can you poss-"

"Mother. If you can marry a farmer, then I can marry a maid." Aiden said, his gaze fixed on me. I looked around nervously and shuffled with my hands.

"Your father was not a farmer, he just loved farming. And I fell in love with his pure soul. This girl-" she turned her head towards me and gave a nasty look. "-just look at her! Do you possibly think she can support you for the rest of your life?"

"Yes."

Everyone gasped in the room, even one of the princesses fainted. I bit my lip and stood like a statue. I wanted to be by his side, but I don't think that's possible with everyone looking down on me.

"Aiden! Get a hold of yourself son. She doesn't want you for your heart. She wants you for your wealth-"

"Mother!" Aiden yelled, shutting her up. Tears started to form in my eyes as I looked down. How can she say such a cruel thing about me? She doesn't even know me. In fact, nobody did. Not even Mary Jane. I kept to myself most of the time when I was young. My father left my mother and I, so we had to make do with what we had. Then after my mother passed away, I wouldn't speak at all. It was Aiden who helped me become who I am today. If Queen Alexandra thinks I want him for his wealth, then she thought wrong.

"As of today, you can forget that you ever had a mother." Queen Alexandra huffed and walked out the door. The princesses followed, pushing me along the way. The room now held only Aiden and I. I heard him sigh in frustration and walk over to me.

"How was that for an act?"

My insides stopped working. My eyes went wide as I looked up at him. Anger washed over my face as I saw that cocky smile on his face. He was about to say something but I slapped him right across the face. How dare he fake this and let the Queen talk bad about me?

"Don't ever speak to me again," I said. He scoffed and grabbed me the shoulders, slamming me against the wall. I tried to break free but the grip only got tighter. I finally gave up and glared at him.

"As of today, you are going to practise being my wife," he started. "Until the day of the coronation, you and I will be, let's say, fake husband and wife."

"I don't want to. I'd rather get married for real to somebody else than be your fake wife. I don't have time for your shenanigans!" I said angrily.

"You have twenty four hours to think about it." He let go and I stormed off. I stopped at the door and looked back at him. He was standing tall with his hands in his pocket as he stared out the window with a smirk. He whipped his head towards me and winked. I scoffed and walked out the door, shutting it behind me. I slipped down slowly with my head in my hands.

What have I gotten myself into?

---

A knock was heard on the workers dorm room. I got up from my bed and went to go receive it. I opened the door to see a servant. I haven't seen him before, who is he?

"Are you Iris?" He asked and I nodded. He smiled and handed me a large envelope.

"What's this?" I asked, taking out the papers from inside of it.

"If you would please follow me." He said and turned on his heels. I shrugged and followed him as he led me into the palace. He stopped outside the door that led to the green house. He motioned me with his hand to go inside. I smiled as he took off in the other direction.

I haven't been inside the green house since forever. Even placing my hand on the door handle gave me chills. I pushed the handle down and opened the door to reveal a very beautiful scenery. They were all sorts of plants and flowers that were growing. The glass was covered in grape vines that ended at the top. I walked in and examined the sight. All sorts of colur and smell blossomed the area. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath in. Nothing could ruin this mood.

"So I see you made it."

Except for that voice.

I turned around and saw Aiden standing the same way I left him in the hall. I rolled my eyes and examined the flowers in front of me. He took a deep breath in and then out.

"Did you ready the contract?" He asked, staring at the papers in my right hand. I shook my head and scanned through the contract.

"Fake marriage contract?! Are you in your right mind?" I said, storming towards him as I flipped through the pages. He turned his body towards me and laughed.

I looked through the terms and conditions and gawked. This made no sense! I looked up at him and then back at the contract and repeat. My eyes stopped at Section 4, Article 10.

"Future King Aiden Godfrey has full authority of Iris Kale. She is asked to stay by him at all times during needs and wants. She shall accompany him during events, galas, business trips, and his daily lifestyle." There's was more but it wasn't as stupid as what I just read out loud.

"What do you think?" He asked with a cocky tone. I closed my eyes and sighed in exasperation.

"Are you an idiot?" I said. He was taken back in surprise as he chuckled.

"It says you will receive a desired amount of money-"

"I don't want your money! Do you even know what it means to get married? A marriage is a sacred union between two people who love each other, for real. And as far as I'm concerned we don't," I said and slammed the contract against his chest and walked off.

"Iris."

I stopped and turned around with a scowl on my face. He looked at me and blinked. I gave him a confused face and crossed my arms.

"If you don't sign this, I won't be king. I'm planning on leaving to find another bloodline." I looked down to the ground and sighed. Why doesn't he wanna be the King?

"So? You know, I don't get you. One minute you're nice and the next you're this sadist person! Who are you King Aiden?" I asked slowly walking towards him. He licked his lips and chuckled. I raised an eyebrow at his confidence.

"Take this," he said handing me the contract. He walked towards the door and stopped. I bit my lip in frustration and gazed at him.

"You got something else to say?" I said throwing my arms up in the air. He laughed and shook his head and took off.

I looked down at the contract and sighed. I read it over twice before making a decision. This can either go wrong or right. And I was ready for whatever it was. I was doing this more for the good of the kingdom, not for him.

Hopefully, this goes correct. 

***

So.... a twist and a turn. SO MANY OF YOU WISHED ME GOOD HEALTH AND IM SO HAPPY!! THANK U FOR CARING ABOUT ME *CRIES*

vote // comment // share and wow we have 2K+ reads im speechless :)

ALSO this isnt going to be a cliche "contract marriage" book if u guys were wondering. Just keep reading to find out :)

tysm and i love reading comments so pls comment ur favourite thing about this book or just random stuff haha

ok bye ily :) 

ps. ill see u in the next chapter