♛ 15 ♛

"Please don't be dead! Please don't be dead!"

The whispers from beside me made my eyes flutter open. The bright lights of the room hit my eyes causing them to squint and put my hand over them. I looked to my right side and saw Mary sitting with her hands intertwined as if she was praying.

"W-where am I?" I asked hoarsely. Mary gasped and hugged me as tightly as possible. Her grip made it harder to breath. "Y-you're k-killing me!" She backed away and took my hand in hers. I looked to my left and saw Aiden sitting with his left leg over his right and staring at me with his head tilted. I jumped back a bit and bit my lip nervously.

"S-sorry for the trouble, your highness..." I said quietly. He scoffed, as usual, and stood up. He made his way out the door and slammed it behind him, scaring Mary and I. I sighed with guilt and looked at Mary who gave me a reassuring smile.

"Do you remember anything from last night?"

I opened my mouth to say something but closed it immediately as the memories flushed in. Oh God! I had puked on him, called him words, and yelled at him. I face palmed myself and closed my eyes in exasperation. I am an idiot. A big idiot. Why did I ever drink that beer?

I looked around and sighed again. I was back in the dorm, just back to square one. I felt so bad for doing that Aiden, even though he's done worse to me. It was just my personality, I guess. To just pay it forward like I always do. It was something my mother said to me as well, "If you can't pay it back, just pay it forward." I always lived by her words because they were so inspiring.

"Tomorrow is going to busy," Mary-Jane said as she looked up at the ceiling and groaned. I sat up and stretched.

"Why?" I asked curiously.

"The auction Iris. How can you forget?" she said with wide eyes. I nodded slowly and smiled. She stood up and spun around dramatically. "The most handsome princes' from around the world come together in this magical palace-"

"It's not magical. It's hell!"

"Let me finish Iris!" She said as she glared at me. I put my hands up in surrender and gestured for her to continue.

"Anyways. The most amazing men, and the kindest as well, will be bid by beautiful ladies, or men, and get to spend a day with them, doing whatever they pleased! Isn't it just amazing?" she asked dropping on my bed and looking up in dreamy thoughts. I scoffed and crossed my arms. If I spend one more day with Aiden I will throw up again.

"Whatever! I'm going back to sleep," I said. I laid down and pulled the sheet over myself. As random thoughts swarmed my head, I couldn't help but think about Aiden up on stage being bid over my other girls. My heart started to beat fast out of nowhere. What was wrong with me? I slapped myself lightly on the cheeks several times to calm myself down.

Let's just wait for tomorrow and see what happens!

__

I stood on the very tip of your feet, my legs quivering with the stress I was placing on my toes.
Lifting my arms, I found that I still couldn't quite reach the uppermost shelf with my cleaning equipment. The library was so dusty and disgusting. I don't know why we have to clean this place if nobody isn't going to be in here.

Maybe if I climbed onto the shelves...

"What are you doing maid?!"

Startled by the sudden question, I yelp and nearly leapt out of my skin. The oak chair underneath me wobbles as I jolt in surprise, and I instinctively leap back into the arms of whoever. My eyes were shut tight as I clutched onto the person's clothes. I peeked open my eye and looked up to see Jonathan staring down at me with admiration. I turned my head slightly and saw Aiden standing right behind us with a book in his hand. Why did he look so calm? Why does my heart want him to say something or defend me? Why is he just standing there?