♛ 48 ♛

Iris' POV

"Ouch!"

"I'm sorry. It's not my fault you did this."

I look at Drew as he picks out the tiny shards from my hand and throws them away. My hand was bruised, but thankfully the bleeding had stopped.

"Do you-," I stop midway and close my eyes, "-do you think he'll come?" I open them and observe Drew using a tweezer to take out the glass.

"What are your thoughts?" he asks soaking a piece of cloth in cold water and putting on my hand. He removes it and starts applying cream to the affected areas.

"I don't know what to think," I murmur and look around in the tent. It was tranquil, and the sound of the wind made me feel peaceful. I wonder that whatever Aiden was thinking and wherever Elior was, I hope they do the right thing.

"Got news from Rayla!" Miles burst into the tent right when Drew was finishing dressing my hand with the bandage. I rise up and follow Miles and Drew outside with hope inside of me that Elior would be alright.

"What did she say? What's the message?" I urge looking over Miles' shoulder and on his tablet where the message was.

"Close by," Miles mutters confusedly, and that's when I look up, and my heart falls out of my chest.

Delilah struggles to walk as Rayla helps her. Her right foot is dragging and creating a trail on the soil. Fox is helping Kai, who has his eyes bandaged with blood covering it that the white was almost red. And behind them-

Elior.

Perfectly fine with a bow and arrow strapped behind him. When Kai is about to trip he runs like flash and holds him up. I smile as tears spring in my eyes. He doesn't notice me until he sees me, and then my hand, and then me again.

"Elior-"

He wanders past me giving me a weird look because of my face and the tears streaming down from it. He appeared distraught and almost lost as to why I was like this?

"Iris!"

Someone grabs my arm and drags me to the side, but my eyes stick on Elior as he helps Kai sit down on a piece of wooden log.

"Iris!"

I look at Fox, and he tries searching my eyes for something, but I couldn't help staring Elior. He kept asking Kai if he was alright while switching to Delilah and doing the exact same thing.

"What- what happened to him?" I yell shooting Fox the deadliest look I could possibly hold. He runs his hand through his hair. I was shaking at this point, and I felt a massive ball of tears developing in my throat ready to burst out again.

"He, um, he drank something at the bar. Something was mixed in it."

"What did he drink?!" I ask grabbing Fox's shoulder. The pain from my hand shoots through my entire body causing me to cringe in distress.

"Rayla believes it is Memorabilia."

"What?" I breathe out, and my hands fall to my side. I keep backing away and trip on my own guard tumbling to the ground. Fox runs to me and crouches down. I feel everyone looking at me including Elior's empty eyes. Those eyes that held so much pain and love and memories of everything that happened to him. To us.

I clutch onto Fox's chest and cry, almost running out of breath and choking on my own sobs. It felt like I was drowning, but everything seemed so clear. He was right there. But he wasn't.

"Is she okay?"

I look up and see Elior staring down at me. He looked at me like I was a whole new person. I push Fox back and hold onto Elior's hand standing up and using him as support. I look like a mess which was why Elior backed away almost making me fall. It felt like he had kicked me away from him.