Chapter 2

Kimberly Jacobs

"YOU MAY NOT ALWAYS END UP WHERE YOU THOUGHT YOU WERE GOING. BUT YOU WILL ALWAYS END UP WHERE YOU ARE MEANT TO BE"

Now I feel that quote, I hear it but how can it happen that I'm meant to be working for a drug dealer? That kills people? As if there is a drug dealer that doesn't kills people.

But still how can that happen? Who controls this life thing? God in heaven? Well then how come he lets such things happen? I can't even think of anything else than the stupid conversation I overheard at the charity ball last night.

Last night being Friday meant today I wasn't working. I always took a walk outside for an hour then come back to watch TV. I had no life really but I wasn't complaining. I was just used to this. Makes me wonder who will come to my funeral when I die. Only my aunt and the people I worked with at the diner? That would be so sad. But today I couldn't even think of getting out of bed to take that walk. I was just scared.

I hailed a cab ten minutes after the scene last night, well also after giving Mr Lobos his card back. I didn't say anything else to him, but his eyes were questioning. I avoided looking into them as I told him I was leaving.

"Why are you leaving early? Are you bored?" Mr Lobos asked, abandoning his date for the night as I assumed. The girl had been clinging on him the entire night, but who wouldn't? The man was a catch.

"I'm not feeling well sir. I'll catch a cab." I gave him my usual polite smile. Without asking or probing for more questions he just gave me a strange look like he didn't believe me yet he let me go. I was scared as hell honestly. But I managed not to wear my fears on my sleeve. I couldn't do that, what if he finds out that I know about his secret, his illegal activities and he orders people to kill me? Or he do it himself? I am not ready to die, no, just not yet.

I couldn't even get my thoughts in order. They were all over the place.

What would he do if he finds out that I know?

Wait, am I still going to work for him?

Should I go to work on Monday?

Is he planning on killing me maybe? Or better yet, human traffic me?

But that man said he isn't involved in human trafficking, does that mean they are into it? Wait! Question here is, why does Mr Lobos have his illegal activities and whatnot at his own charity event where he clearly knows people with clean legal business will be at? How can he be so careless and reckless?

I mean what if somebody caught him? And it's all over the news? What will happen to Lobos Empire? Will it still function? That company is providing jobs to hundreds of people and a lot of needy people depend on it for survival. How can he be so selfish?

The blaring of my phone made me jump out of my skin. I was just laying in bed, in my super man t-shirt, stressing over what will happen to me. That man saw me, he saw me and he will look for me. I had a feeling.

I checked the caller I.d on my phone and it was Mr Lobos. My stomach did a somersault and my mouth went dry.

It was four in the afternoon and I haven't even moved from my bed. Wasn't hungry, I didn't even brush my teeth. I was just a mess.

I let it go to voicemail.

What was I going to say to him?

What does he want from me?

I just can't risk it, what if he knows?

My phone rang again. Usually he calls once and I answer because I didn't want to get fired, but today I'm terrified for my life. Maybe I should just go to my aunt's place and try to figure my life out.