Chapter 33

Miguel Lobos P.O.V

After talking rudely to aunt Charlotte I headed to my office, I will apologise later, right now I didn't want her to open the box. I never receive gifts. If someone wanted to send me a gift it wouldn't be wrapped, and who in the mafia business has time to be wrapping gifts let alone dishing them out? The box was just suspicious and I couldn't allow aunt Charlotte to go through it.

When I got to my office, I opened the box and the box fell apart, revealing a human head.

I looked at it, and it was one of my guys.

Another death. This was Stefano or bloody Carter's doing. This was too much.

The head was freshly just cut. I don't even know how he managed to make sure the box was not tainted with blood.

"Fuck!" Nicholas bit his fist. This is not the first time we see a chopped blood covered head. But we never received any body parts.

"This is crazy Lobos!" He said. Scanning the head. "Man shit!" He cursed. I couldn't even say anything.

Just as I was about to say something we heard a knock, then the door opened.

"Dinner is rea- OH MY GOD!" I heard her scream.

Her eyes were fixated on the head which was on my desk with Nick and I just starring at it.

Her eyes, her big eyes were wide open, her jaw hanging loose, then I saw it happen.

She was losing balance her breath coming in pants. I rushed to her just in time before she collapsed to the floor.

"SHIT!" I cursed.

"Oh no! Baby cakes!" Nick rushed to me. "Get it in Lobos." I nodded and picked her up and lowered her on the couch.

Nicholas locked the office door.

"Her aunt is downstairs and she just cooked dinner. What are we going to say?" He asked, his eyes darting between Kimberly's still form and me, then to the head on the table.

"She tripped and fell down the stairs. I'll take her to the bedroom." I spoke up.

"She tripped and fell? Right, right!" He wasn't convinced. "You do know that is bull shit right? She tripped and fell?" He looked at me.

"Okay, Einstein. What's your bright idea?" I asked. Running my hand over Kim's forehead. Her breathing was normal, she was just unconscious.

"I don't know." He said. "Just take her to the room and I will go distract aunt Charlotte for a while."

"Wait, if she comes to find Kimmy like this, she'd think I did something. You can't go." I panicked.

"You right. Uhmm, well I have to hide this head and well bury it and... you have to worry about that yourself." He said walking towards the desk.

"Thanks bro." I rolled my eyes.

"Sweet heart, I can deal with Kimberly if you will bury the head." He snapped.

"Fine!" I grunted. I don't want to deal with that. It was too much to do.

I looked at my angel sleeping unconscious on the couch. Man I'm putting her through so much. She deserves a break from me and my fucked up life. I need to take out Carter sooner,so she can live a peaceful happy life where she doesn't have to look over her shoukder or see chopped off heads.

I sighed and rubbed my temple. What the fuck am I going to tell her aunt?

I kissed Kim's forehead, involuntarily. This woman was growing under my skin. She was making me show a side of me I never wanted to show ever again. Affection. She was making me weak, a pussy! She was doing too much.