Chapter 19

Miguel Lobos P.O.V

We arrived back at my house and my head was just spinning out of control. Kimberly passed out during the car ride, her face smeared with dried tears. She was just a mess actually, she didn't look like the old happy chap Kimberly we all knew. It's as if she went through the most in just a space of three days.

I picked her up without saying anything to anyone and I took her to my room. I laid her down just a moment before Caroline came through. The only maid ever to come into my room.

"Let me clean her up, Miguel." She looked down at Kimberly with concern in her eyes. I guess she too grew a soft soft for this big eyed girl. I looked down at Kimberly once more, she was covered in bruises on her arms, her face and the shirt she was wearing was covered in dirt and dried blood.

My jaw clenched just as I thought what those fools had done to her. I am going to kill them, one by one, I am going to kill them; I have already started but it wasn't enough. I wanted carter's heart beating in my hand.

"Help me take off her shirt please." Caroline asked coming out of the bathroom. I heard tap water running and I knew she was running her a bath.

I nodded but stopped myself, what if she gets pissed at me for taking off her clothes?

Caroline noticed the worried look in my eyes and shook her head. "I'll tell her I did it all by myself, don't worry." She finished with a smile.

I nodded and pulled Kim up into my arms and Caroline swiftly yet carefully removed the shirt and if you thought I was angry then, well my anger went up a notch now. Her stomach, her rib cage were all bruised and turning purple. Her bra straps were teared off and my thoughts just went everywhere. I couldn't even think straight for a moment.

All I could think about was that I had failed her, I failed to protect her once again and this time she suffered at the hands of my enemies.

I closed my eyes and laid her back down so Caroline can take off her jeans.

I sat closely, my breath caught in my throat. I could see the fury and yet concern on Caroline's face. The bruises on her upper body were shocking. They were brutal. It grew quite tense in the room.

Just as she pulled down her jeans I heard her draw in a whole lot of air through her teeth. I looked at her then down at Kimberly's bare legs. She had a knife gush on her waist that has dried blood on it. Except for that wound on her waist, she only had a purple dark bruise on her right knee.

Oh God!

"I am going to kill them, every single one of them who dared put their hands on her." I muttered, full of rage. I wanted blood, I could smell death walking my way and I wasn't the one who was going to die. I wanted to spill blood, I wanted to avenge my angel.

My angel.

How did I get to that? How did I arrive to that?

But she was an angel, she just didn't know it, I refused to acknowledge it at first but she brought peace in my life. She was what you would call 'the light at the end of the tunnel.' She was pure, real and... okay let me stop before I say thing I'm not supposed to say.

If I let her in, she's going to be the target all the time. If I let her in, her life would be in danger.

"Go get that ointment for bruises downstairs Miguel." Caroline ordered just as I finished putting Kimberly in the bathtub. I nodded and left the room without another word.

I went downstairs to the get the remedies for bruises. If you were always in fights you ought to have special remedies for bruises and our personal doctor has found us this super oily ointment that worked like a charm. Not only did it heal bruises faster, but it helped numb the pain.