Chapter 15

Kimberly Jacobs P.O.V

Miguel and I have reached an understanding, I don't ask about his life and he doesn't get to shove me around like a piece of meat and also, he has agreed to let me go visit my aunt today after work. He hasn't been going to his legit company, he had Nicholas running the force for a couple of weeks now.

And I was still the C.E.O's assistant. Didn't matter which one it was, the work was still the same. I was still being driven around to and from work, except for today and Nicholas hasn't been sleeping at Miguel's house often like before, he decided to give his house some sort of attention. And well the little relationship we shared, it wasn't broken, it just bent slightly waiting for us to straighten it out.

The kiss Miguel and I shared ignited some feelings in me, but judging by the way he was always off around me, I took it he regretted it. It hurt at first but as the days went by, I managed to bury the hurt deep in me that I wouldn't even dwell on it.

Yes, he was still a hot piece of a human being, but he was an asshole and I don't think that is the kind of man I would like to be with. I just can't. I don't even know if I could get my life back, but then, I'm hoping that Miguel finishes whatever he started to set me free.

As I packed the files in alphabetical order in Miguel's office, currently occupied by Nicholas, the  office phone rang. "Lobos Empire,Kimberley speaking how may I help you?"

"It's Lobos, I want you to come to the house before you leave okay? I will drive you to your aunt's." He said, in all his authoritative voice.

"No! No, Miguel you promised not to get involved, you promised that I will go. If I come home, you won't let me leave telling me how it's not all safe." I grew agitated. He had done this before, summoning before I could leave just so he can keep me from going. I won't fall for that again. No!

"Did you... did you just say home?"

What?

"What?" I asked, clearly missing something.

"Never mind. Look Kim, I'm serious. I will take you there. I want to take you." He sounded convincing, that's if you didn't know Miguel Lobos well and I think I do, I think I know him pretty well now. 

"No!" I slammed the phone back in its cord and finished my little task before entering my own office, which I recently got due to the important files I had to keep on me. I went to get my travelling bag. I was going to spend the weekend with my lovely aunt, I wasn't going to let Miguel get in between us.

"Leaving without saying bye?" I met Nicholas at the elevators, he was exiting and I was entering. "I'm hurt baby cakes." He put his hand on his chest.

I gave him an apologetic smile. Our relationship wasn't that bad, but bit wasn't great either, and besides he was out on a business meeting, I couldn't just call him.

"I left you a note in your office." I replied calmly while holding the elevator.

"Really? A note? That's where we at?" Hurt was evident in his eyes, but it could be my imagination. Why would he be hurt? This is what him and Miguel wanted. Not to be attached to anyone. Feelings shouldn't be involved in any way, it's in everyone's best interest. So they said.

"Yeah, that's where we at Nick, it's best not to get attached, I don't wanna die because of you." I gave him a small smile and entered the elevator hitting the ground floor button.

I couldn't even tell what was going through his head, but I damn knew what I had said hit home. They need to know that it's okay to feel, it's okay to care. I said all that on purpose and I knew I had stroke a nerve.
Truth is, I would give anything to mend my relationship with Nicholas, he was ruthless just like Miguel but at least he didn't just ignore me like the other monster. He gave me time of the day, but lately it's been seconds of the day, but it was still something.