Chapter 3

Kimberley Jacobs

"Who is Ruiz?"

"Oh baby girl, someone you'd wish they were never born"

The words were ringing in my head, and it was starting to spin, not only because of fear, but because of the man that's been pacing around here for the past fifteen minutes.

"Are you going to tell...Ruiz?" I was unsure of what I was saying simply because I didn't even understand the world this man lived in.
My question seemed to surprise him, his body jerked towards me so fast I thought his neck would crack. His eyes were filled with worry and another emotion I couldn't comprehend.

"Tell Ruiz? Tell Ruiz? Be a snitch?" His questions were rhetorical, I just kept my mouth shut. Maybe I should stop talking.

"I have a headache." I blurted out. I don't know what else to say, but I'd appreciate if he would stop pacing around.

He opened his mouth to say something but was topped by a voice coming from upstairs.

"Shadow? Man is that you?" His voice was deep, very deep and rich. He had American accent.

"Yeah!" Lobos replied dryly, rubbing his temple.

The man descended the stairs to the living room, his shoes making loud thumps.

The man was gorgeous, absolutely breathtaking. His eyes were green, his body was well built, he was a little shorter compared to Lobos, maybe 6 ft. He had jet black hair like Lobos his eyes held no emotion, his posture wasn't welcoming either. He was scary, good looking but scary. He was clad in a navy blue tailor made suit, and a red shirt underneath, no tie. He finished the look with brown, Italian shoes. He was spot on. One of the drug dealers maybe?

"Oh! You brought company? Since when?" He looked amused, his smirk was gorgeous and all the time he spoke he was looking at me.

I shifted uncomfortably in my seat. His gaze was just disturbing.

"Shut up. This is the woman Carter is looking for." Lobos seemed uninterested in the brewing conversation.

"No kidding!" He rolled his bottom lip in his mouth and came and sat next to me.

"Hi Ramirez's next stew." His eyes were filled with mischief.

My heart dropped to the pit of my stomach. My eyes shut tight and I struggled to breathe.

"Shut up Nicholas! Don't scare Kimberly you dipshit!" Lobos gave the handsome stupid man besides me a cold glare.

"Alright sorry. Hi baby my name is Nicholas but you can call me Nick or Nicky, but I only get to hear Nicky when I am deep in the pus-" he was cut by Lobos throwing a TV remote at him.

Thank God for that, I just couldn't fathom the thought. Nicholas was just trouble, I could tell. But I also could tell he played a lot.

"I am just being honest though brother." He mocked Lobos, wiggling his brows.

"You two are brothers?" I questioned while looking at them yet finding no resemblance.

"Hell no! If we were, he would be handsome like me sweetheart." Nicholas chuckled and faked being mortified.

"Yeah whatever, don't you have anywhere to go?" Lobos was slightly irritated.

"I do, Ruiz called a meeting. Somebody stole his merchandise and we all have to be there to find out who the hell is stupid enough to steal from Ruiz." Nicholas looked slightly pissed. Merchandise? Pshh.