1.

~April 16th~

I can't believe it's been a month since Kaleb and I moved to Holmes Chapel.  I've gotten pretty good at finding my way around the small village, getting to know some of the owners of the local shops. I don't go out often but I make it a point to spend the day out and about when I go grocery shopping once a week.  I still haven't made any friends but then again I haven't even attempted to get to know anyone, suddenly too shy. I promised myself this month would be different though, so that's why I'm sitting here on my lunch break, going through the flyers for anything that catches my eye. I was lucky to get offered a job as a nurse at the small family owned doctors office. It was a small office but the doctor was incredibly sweet and so was his wife, who was the receptionist.

I was just about to give up my search when I spot a bright pink flyer hidden underneath all the others. I pull it down from the board and read it over. It was for a paint class that was offered at the one of the schools. That sounds like fun. I've always wanted to paint and this would be a great opportunity to meet new people.  I've had a lot of free time lately since Kaleb is always at work until after ten at night and I need something to keep me from going insane. I am tired of staying in and not doing anything and getting out is exactly what I need. This would be perfect. It starts tonight and the fee is small so I won't have to try and explain to Kaleb why a large amount of money is missing. I fold up the pink piece of paper and slide it into the pocket of my purple scrubs, feeling a little lighter as I walked back inside to continue my shift at work. 

After work I rushed home to shower. Once I'm done I throw on a pair of skinny jeans and a loose fitting grey shirt. After blow drying my hair and leaving it wavy I apply some light makeup. I slide on my boots and my black leather jacket. I check my phone again and no text from Kaleb. He messaged me earlier telling me he wasn't going to be home until late. I sent him a quick text telling him I was going to an art class. I never heard anything back. Not like I ever do.

My nerves were starting to pick up as my cab pulls up outside the school where the art class was being held

My nerves were starting to pick up as my cab pulls up outside the school where the art class was being held. I hand money to the driver and thank him before climbing out of the cab. I shake my hands, trying to get rid of the nerves that was causing them to shake. I don't know why I was so nervous. I was fine dealing with people at work, talking and being friendly, it was no different than this. Sort of. I took a deep breath and slowly let it out as I walked inside. I saw a sign out front that told me where to go. As I walked down the halls of the small school I was amazed at the character this place had. Big wooden beams littered the ceiling and large chandeliers decorated the halls. It was beautiful and better than any other school I've ever been in.

I make it to the door that had the sign for the art class. I pay the lady that was standing outside the door and took the receipt and paperwork she handed me. I walk in, talking in the empty desks that littered the room, only a few seats were taken. There was a couple up towards the front, an older lady sitting a few seats behind them, and a couple other people beside her. I noticed a girl in the back, looking to be around my age. The only one appearing to be close to my age at the moment. She met my eyes and started waving me over. I look behind me incase she meant someone else. I turn back around and point to my chest and mouth ''me?' She laughs and nods her head. I make my way over to her and set my bag down on the table next to hers. I can see her better now and she is gorgeous. She has long wavy hair past her shoulders, the color a beautiful light brown to match her eyes.