54.

Harry's POV

The look on Maci's face had me worried. No scared. I felt scared because she looked so frightened and nervous and made me curious as to what she had to tell me. And also made me a little nervous. She didn't need to be nervous though, there's nothing she could do or say that would change the way I feel about her. I love her too much to let something come between us.

"What is it?" I ask cautiously, scooting closer to her. She's still  under her blankets so I couldn't quite get as close as I'd like.

"Um..." She glances down at her hands that were clasped together on her lap.

"Don't be nervous, I'm right here," I assure her, tilting her chin so she's looking up at me. I felt her phone vibrate from somewhere between us and Maci stiffens. I knew something was up earlier when her phone kept going off when we were standing in my parents kitchen and she tensed. I didn't want to push her in fear of her shrinking away. Now I'm not backing down. I need to know what has gotten her so scared.

"Maci. Baby, you need to tell me what's going on. Whatever it is, we can get through it. Is it about Kendall? Is there more hate on Twitter because if that's it I can make that go away. You're not alone, love. Let me help you," I practically beg. More tears fall down Maci's face and I reach up to brush them away. My insides clench at the sight of her crying. It breaks my heart.

"Please don't get mad," Maci pleads and my heart breaks.

"Baby, I won't get mad, I promise." I move her blankets out of the way so I could climb under them with her. I sit with my back against her headboard and pull her to my side, covering us both back in with her blanket.

"Okay. So I've been getting these text messages," she starts.

"What kind of text messages," I ask, getting a little panicked. All I'm imaging right now was a jealous fan getting ahold of her phone number and has been sending her hate texts. It wouldn't surprise me after Louis got calls threatening his son and Niall and the messages threatening his family.

"First I thought it was just someone who had the wrong number, they even stopped for a few days but they started back up again..."

"Wait. This has been going on for a few days?" I ask in disbelief, my voice rising slightly.

"Let me explain please," Maci says shyly, shrinking back slightly. I wrap my arm around her and rub her arm.

"I'm sorry, go on."

"It stopped for a few days and then started up again today, or well yesterday. I didn't say anything because I thought it was a harmless mistake, a wrong number. But then the messages got personal and contained my name." She searches blindly in the dark for what I'm assuming is her phone and I'm about to turn on her light when she finds it.

I watch as she unlocks her phone and goes to her messages. She hands her phone to me and I take it, looking down at her to make sure she's alright. From the glow of her phone I see her nod at me and a soft smile form on her lips. I turn back to her phone and start scrolling through the messages she received from this unknown number. I felt my anger rising as I get to the last message, not because whoever this is threatened not only me, but they threatened my girl and I'm not going to take that lightly. The last message she received, only minutes ago, the worst.

Unknown- Don't forget, I know how to find you ;)

There's only one person who popped in my head while reading these but it couldn't be possible. Kaleb was in jail and would be for over a month. There was the possibility that he had someone helping him but what was the point of that? Were they just trying to scare Maci, make her nervous to step outside her house or go anywhere? And what could whoever this is possibly want from Maci? She doesn't have anyone that is out to get her so I'm at a loss as to who this could be.