9.

~June 13, 2016~

Maci's POV

Meeting Harry wasn't as bad as I thought, then again we didn't really meet normally. He was really nice, very polite and always helping his mother or Gemma, he was always coming in to spend some time with his grandmother. It was clear that family meant a lot to him and I liked that. He liked to talk too, always starting up conversations with me, and me being the shy awkward girl I am, I only gave him short answers, never really diving to deep into a conversation. The attention he was giving me was unusual to me, having a guy interested in actually talking to me and getting to know me was different. After that conversation him and I had Sunday while we were painting I felt terrible. Like I had cheated or something. I was kind of flirting with him, or back at him since he started flirting first. Like Harry said though, it was just innocent, but I still felt guilty, like if Kaleb found out he would be so angry with me.

There was no denying how attractive Harry was and him not seeing himself as such makes him even more attractive. He made me nervous and afraid that I will see his true colors one day and my hopes that he was different than the other guys would be crushed. He just seems too good to be true, like there aren't guys out there that are this nice, this family oriented, this humble. His charm seems to get him whatever he wants and that's what makes me extra nervous.

Gemma asked me what I thought of him and I told her the truth, that he seems like a great guy and that he loves her and their mother very much. I don't know what she wanted me to say, I've only met him five days ago, and have only seen him here and there since Sunday. I don't know him too well. When he tries starting conversations, it's always one sided, he's always the one asking questions about me. I feel like if I get to know him I will find something more to like about him than his captivating green eyes and his devilish smirk. I had to keep telling myself that things will get better with Kaleb and that I can't start liking someone else just because things are tough. It wasn't fair.

I was sitting in the kitchen, drinking some tea while Caroline was napping.  I was rereading Pride & Prejudice, one of my favorite books, for the tenth time. I was at the part where Mr. Darcy asks Elizabeth to marry him, the first time, when Harry walked in through the back door, wearing those ridiculously tight black jeans and a white t-shirt that brought out his tan. His hair was down for the first time since I saw him and I could see why some fans would be upset if he cut it. It gave him a whole new look, adding to his good looks. He didn't notice me when he first walked in so I quickly glance down at my book and pretended that I was actually reading this whole time instead of checking him out.

"Oh hey Maci." I look up from my book and Harry was smiling at me as he put his keys and phone on the counter, a small white bakery bag still in his hands as he made his way over to sit across from me at the table. Today looked to be one of those days that he wanted to chat.

"Hi Harry," I flash him a quick smile before looking back down at my book, unable to focus on the words when I know he's sitting there looking at me.

"What are you reading?" Why does his voice have to be so sexy? I hold my book up and he takes a second to read the title before nodding. "That's one of my favorites."

I look up at him shocked. "You've read Pride & Predudice?" I don't know why I was so shocked, I'm sure everyone has read this book, it was a classic. I guess I was surprised that he considered it one of his favorites.

"Of course. It's a classic," he tells me, mirroring my own words. "Plus who doesn't like a story about finding love even though misunderstandings makes the journey a little longer than expected. It's a beautiful story."

"Yeah, it's my favorite too." I couldn't hide the smile the crept up. I looked down at my book, closing it after marking my page. I look over at Harry and he's sitting there watching me, a slight smile on his face. Knowing he likes a book like this gives me more insight to who he is. I like that he likes a classic romance story. Makes me curious as to what else he likes. "What else do you like? For books I mean."