53.

We have been back for three days now and I have avoided Gemma and her incessant questions about what happened over the weekend. Gemma is very smart and can tell when things change and I know she can sense the change between Harry and I. Plus it doesn't help that Harry has been more handsy since we got back, holding me close to him every chance he gets. I don't mind that all, but I do mind that I'm the only one getting grilled by Gemma. So far I've been able to avoid her only because i have been working and she has been off working on starting up her new blog but I know that tonight she has nothing planned except spending girl time with me because we haven't seen each other in a while. I'm glad to be spending some time with Gemma, but I'm not looking forward to being stuck with her and unable to avoid answering all the questions I know she has been dying to ask. 

It's nice being back at work, taking care of Caroline again. She hasn't been doing very well, her body starting to fail on her more and more everyday. She is now bed ridden, unable to work up the strength to stand and walk, she barely has enough energy to sit up and eat. It broke my heart more and more seeing her lay in bed and lose every ounce of light she had in her, seeing her unable to recognize her own family, unable to do for herself like she had been when I first started taking care of her. Anne was barely holding it together and no matter how much I talk to her and tried getting her through this last hurdle, there was nothing anyone could say to make losing your mother any easier. Harry and Gemma were being strong for their mother, so was Robin, but I could tell it was taking a toll of them as well. I had no idea how I was going to be able to comfort them and make sure they are ok when Caroline passed. I don't know how I was going to handle it. Caroline has become like a grandmother to me and we had gotten pretty close before her memory started to really deteriorate. I hate knowing she only has maybe a couple more weeks left and knowing that life may take a drastic turn and we may not have that much longer with her. Sometimes I wish I didn't work in the health care field so I didn't have this knowledge of life and death and I was able to stay stuck in the small bubble of hope families get into. 

It's nearing four and Anne and Robin should be home soon. Harry is making some calls to some producers that have gotten a hold of him over the past couple of days and Gemma is out getting some junk food for tonight. I have gotten really into a new book I had gotten on my Nook and I was engrossed with that when my phone went off. I groan as I set my nook down and reach for my phone on the coffee table in front of me. I'm thinking Gemma needed to get an ok for something for tonight and I don't know why she does, she knows I will be perfectly ok with whatever kind of candy or movie she picks. 

My heart stops in my chest when I see that it's not Gemma that has texted me. Instead it's that unknown number that had texted me early Sunday morning. My hand shakes and my thumb hovers over the unlock button as I debate whether or not I want to read the text. I had thought after three days of nothing, that the person that messaged me realized they had the wrong number, but I guess I was wrong. Maybe this message was nothing, maybe they were just wondering why whoever they think they are texting isn't messaging them back. Sliding my thumb over the unlock button, I take a deep breath as I click on my message icon and open the message. 

Unknown-Baby, why haven't you gotten back to me. Don't you miss me?

What the hell was this? I should just tell this person they have the wrong number and to stop texting me. 

Me-I'm sorry, you have the wrong number.

The reply was almost instant and made my blood run cold. 

Unknown- I'm hurt, I'm surprised you don't know who this is Maci.