15.

~July 6, 2016~

Maci's POV

The last couple days have been weird and has me so confused. Gemma texted me Sunday afternoon telling me her and Harry had made it home but then never responded to any of my texts after that. Monday was extremely weird and I don't even know what to think. Gemma avoided me all day. Finding excuses to leave the room if I walked in, found an excuse to leave house. I don't know what I did or why she would be trying to avoid me. I haven't seen Harry either and he's usually been around every day that I've worked, popping in now and then to say hi to his grandmother and to me. But Monday and so far today, nothing.  The only thing I could think of was that Kaleb got ahold of them some how and told them to stay away from me. I wouldn't put it past him, he's made it very clear over the last couple weeks that he doesn't care for Gemma, or Harry, ever since the whole mess with the pictures from the aquarium.

Today I will stop either one of them and ask what's going on, I can't take this silence and avoidance anymore.  Harry and Gemma are the only friends I have here and if something happened or if I did something, I'd hope they would tell me so I'm not left worrying about what I could have done and left friendless.  It's not like Gemma to do this, she's usually pretty open and upfront about things. It's driving me crazy not knowing  what's going on.  Maybe something happened when they were in London. What would happen in London though that would involve me though? Nothing. I'm still left confused as ever.

Caroline was having a rough day today and has been extra tired lately so she was sleeping despite just getting up a couple hours ago. I was washing her breakfast dishes when I heard someone walk into the kitchen, their shoes squeaking as they stopped real quick.  I turn around, catching Gemmas back as she turned around to rush back out the door.

"Gemma!" I shout causing Gemma to stop abruptly. Reluctantly she turned around and she forced a smile at me, averting her gaze towards the back yard. This made me feel absolutely horrible and I hated it. "What's going on?" I dry my hand on a towel and walk over to her, crossing my arms over my chest.

"What do you mean?" So she's going to play stupid. What the heck.

"Don't play dumb, Gem. You have been avoiding me like the plague since Sunday when you and Harry got back from London. Did I do something? Or something happen?" I tried not to seem so effected by what she's doing but some hurt leaked into my voice and I saw her eyes soften.

"Oh, no Maci," she reaches out and rests her hand on my crossed arms, "you haven't done anything." She's avoiding my question which irritates me.

"Then why have you been avoiding me?" I ask again, a little harsher this time.

"I haven't, I've just been really busy. My blog is about ready to launch and I've been trying to get everything I still need for the guesthouse." She skirts around the question, not really answering it. She hasn't been that busy, plus it was obvious she was avoiding me. No one tries to turn around and rush out of a room before being seen by someone unless they were trying to avoid them.

"Gemma," I warn, disappointed that she would lie to me like this. I step back, her hand dropping from my arm. I stood there frowning at her as it looked like she was having so internal debate. I stayed silent, letting her figure out if she wanted to talk to me or not.

"Fine," Gemma says, defeated, "I have been avoiding you, but you haven't done anything wrong."

"Then why? If I haven't done anything wrong, why avoid me like this. You're my only friend Gemma, well you and Harry I guess, but I don't want to lose our friendship." My hurt was evident now as I let it out with every word.