14.

~July 2, 2016~

Harry's POV

Driving for just over three hours with your sister, being trapped in a small enclosed space for a long period of time, has me ready to pull my hair out. I love Gemma, I do, but the constant changing of songs when we are half way through them, and the non stop talk about this guy she has met and the loud obnoxious way she is chewing her gum has me going insane. She knows it too, but keeps going on and on and keeps smacking her gum. I don't say anything though, because I'm a good brother and I don't want to ruin the night by starting an argument. I really did want to bombard her with questions about this guy she had met though, wanting to make sure he meets my specifications and is good enough for Gemma. I know having me be the overprotective little brother irritates her but deep down she knows I'm just looking out for her.

I look down at the dash, checking the time real quick. Only another half hour before we get to my flat in London. Tonight was going to be fun. Nick Grimshaw had some time off and we were going to spend the night at some new club that had opened up recently. It was nice, for once, not having to try to schedule in time to see friends. Being on break made it so I didn't feel so rushed when I was home, trying to make time for everyone. It was relaxing to just slow down and just be.

Gemma had just changed the song, once again as it was only half way through, and it was the last straw. I reach over and hit the knob on the dash, turning off the music. I glance over at Gemma real quick, taking in the glare she is throwing my way, before turning my attention back to the road. I chuckle when she tries to reach over and turn it back on, only for me to push her hand out of the way.

"What the hell Harry?"

"I thought we could talk," I tell her. I figure I might as well get to the hundred questions about her new guy. I hear Gemma sigh next to me, knowing where this is going.

"Oh gee, I wonder what about?" She says sarcastically. I peak over at her and she has crossed her arms over her chest, already annoyed and I haven't even started in on the questions yet. She knows better than to tell me if she's dating someone, knowing how I get.

"So this guy, Alex. What does he do for a living?" I always want to make sure that she isn't dating someone who is only going to sap off of her.

"Well, Harry, I'll have you know, Alex has a great job in advertisement," Gemma says, still annoyed at me.

"I see. That's great. Does he have his own place?" I continues on, making this feel more like and interview, knowing it drives Gemma crazy.

"Harry, I just met Alex four days ago and we've only been out once. Let me get to know him first before you start in on your hundred questions." She huffs next to me, having had enough of my inquisition already even though I had just started.

"Fine, fine. But this will continue," I warn, flashing her a cheeky smile before going back to watching the road.

"I'm sure it will. Oh, speaking of Maci," she says, her tone a little lighter as she changes the subject. I see her sit up straighter and turn towards me.

"We weren't," I say flatly, rolling my eyes at her. I know where this is going and I suddenly regret that I ever questioned her about her boyfriends.

"You two seem to be getting closer," she states, too optimistic for my liking. I roll my eyes, tightening my grip on the steering wheel. I don't like being in the hot seat.