52.

I hate it when you are so tired, your body feels heavy and your eyelids don't want to open, yet your brain doesn't want to shut off and let you sleep. I think after such an exciting night I'm still a little hyped up even though my whole body feels exhausted. Also, add in that little revelation I had out on the deck with Harry, I think I'm frustrated and angry at myself for letting who I am get lost all because of a guy. Deep down I think it was because I wanted to feel wanted, something I never felt growing up. Kaleb made me feel wanted so I dealt with all the yelling and negative comments and later on, the physical abuse. Now I know that that wasn't right, that I didn't need to deal with all that just to feel wanted. That I'm stronger than I thought and deserve more. Harry opened up my eyes and showed me that feeling wanted is being treated with respect and given a voice in the relationship. That feeling wanted is knowing the person you love wants to be with you every single day, to shower you with soft touches and random kisses. That love isn't harsh words and even harsher blows.

I let out a huff of air as I roll on my back. The room is pitch black when I open my eyes, a slight sliver of light coming from he small gap in the curtain, letting the light from the street outside shine in. I felt awfully silly sleeping in the room next door to Harry's bedroom. I think sleeping next to him will help me sleep better.

Just as I'm about to get up, my phone lights up on the nightstand next to me, casting a soft glow in the room. I have no idea who would be texting me at almost two in the morning. Rolling over, I reach for my phone, rolling back over on my back once it's in my hand. I slide my finger over the unlock button and tap on my messages icon. The text was from an unknown number and when I read the message I shot up in bed.

Unknown- hey, baby. Did you miss me?

The first person to come to mind was Kaleb but he has no way to send me a text message while in prison, especially at two in the morning. My heart is racing and adrenalin is pumping through my veins, making me even more wide awake than I was before. I felt jittery, anxious and nervous. I wanted to run to Harry and show him, to see what he thinks but at the same time I didn't want to overreact and make a big deal out of something that could quite possibly be just a wrong number.

I know what I'll do. I won't respond and see if whoever it is realizes they have the wrong number. I'm sure that's what it is, it happens all the time. I sound ridiculous right now but I'm to nervous to think clearly. I need to get up and move, sitting here is make me antsy.

I slide out of bed and on shaky legs I slowly make my way out of the guest bedroom I was staying in and down the hall and stairs to the kitchen. Once there I turn on the light over the island and start a kettle of water for some tea. My fingers tap nervously against the white granite counter as I wait for the water to heat. I left my phone upstairs, not wanting to be tempted to text back. But now I'm thinking that was a bad idea, now I'm just thinking about whether or not whoever it was texted me again. Not wanting to let my mind stay stuck on this, I start searching Harry's kitchen for the tea bags and mugs. After a couple minutes of searching I finally find them, just as the tea kettle starts whistling. Quickly I grab the handle to the kettle, taking it off the burner, not wanting to wake Harry up.

Sitting down on the bar stool, a warm mug of tea in my hands, I can't help but thinking I must be a magnet for bad luck. First my mother never wanted me, then my sister abandoned me, then I meet Kaleb and he turned out to be the biggest ass of all time, then Harry hurts me when he was with Kendall, I just can't catch a break. But Harry was the first one to ever apologize and fight for me. I think what he did was far less worse than what Kaleb or my mother did.

"Maci? Is everything alright?" I practically jump right off the stool, my hand flying up to my chest as my heart beats frantically. I turn around just as Harry starts walking fur thing into the kitchen, the light from the kitchen island casting a warm glow on him. His hair was tousled from sleep and his eyes were still half closed and red from sleep and he looked absolutely gorgeous.