Chapter 38: Or worse....Expelled

That's right. I used a harry Potter reference. I'm just that awesome. JK (Rowling)

I'm sorry. Had to get those out of my system. I'm done now.

Enjoy

~~~~~~~~

Cole drives me home after, well, things happened. I get home normal time, and I tell my parents that I went out on a unplanned date with Cole. I automatically run upstairs to Cara. She is on the phone with Matt.

"I need to talk to you", I say urgently. She says goodbye quickly to Matt as I shut her door, so our parents can't hear.

"What do you want?", she asks, clearly annoyed with me.

"I did it with Cole. I don't exactly know what to think, or should I not have done anything like that?" I say, sitting on the edge of her bed. Her face is half shocked, half excited.

"Wait, what?", she sits up from her laying position. "Go little sister". I feel my cheeks redden a little.

"Cara, Help me. I don't know what to think", I plead to my sister.

"Well, was it good?" she asks. I kind of blush.

"Well, I mean, it wasn't bad. It was both of our first times. How was it supposed to go?", I question.

"Okay, sisterly, cheesy advice coming your way", Cara pauses, looking me in the eye. "Think what you want to think. Freak out, scream, throw a party for yourself. But I think if you love him and he loves you, you should be happy".

"You sound like Mom", I joke. "But thank you, I kind of needed that". I get up from the bed heading to the door.

"One more question", Cara speaks up. "Are you on the pill?"

I nod my head. "Yes, Mom put me on the pill the second I started dating Luke last year, she thought it was just safe to keep me on it".

"Good girl. Go to bed", Cara shoos me away jokingly. I stick my tongue out as I leave.

~~~~~~~~

Noah picks Cole and I up for our Thursday school day. I say goodbye to my parents and head out the front door. As I walk down the driveway, Cole and my eyes meet. He smiles, and I think I blush.

As I get into the car, Noah looks at me from the rear view mirror. "Have fun last night Mere?" He smirks.

I immediately look at Cole. "You told him", I roll my eyes.

"I think he has a sixth sense for this stuff. I didn't tell him shit", Cole shrugs, giving me another smile.  "He asked me as soon as I got in the car this morning".

We back out of my driveway and drive off to school. As we get out, Cole gives me a kiss on the forehead and puts his arm around my shoulders. We meet up with Cara and Matt, and the rest of the hockey team. A few other player's girlfriends have joined us for once. Corey's girlfriend, Sophia, Nick's girlfriend, Maria, and Logan's girlfriend, Erica. Each one of them plays hockey with Cara. Cara smiles at me playfully when Cole and I walk up. We join in on the far-more-gossipy-than-I-care-to-join conversation about Luke's 'brawl' with that hockey player last night. They mostly just mock him. A few guys reenact the scene in a mocking way, even Noah and Cole did it themselves.

I look behind me when I hear a car door slam. It's Luke, he looks our groups way and gives me a death glare. I smile kind of politely, but not a big enough smile that he will think I somehow forgave him for what happened last night. That's not going to happen. He walks past the team and looks at each and everyone of us. The guys stop their mocking for a split second and look at him. He walks passed us swiftly and into the main doors.

"Luke Michaels, please report to Coach Rodriguez's office immediately", a woman's voice comes over the loud speakers through out the school. Our group goes quiet once again. A few guys start heading in towards the rink, to Coach's office. We all slink in the back hallways.

Luke's footsteps enter Coach's office. We slink closer just barely in the hall to hear their conversation. We all know it's about last night.

"I liked the way you played last night. But you were playing on very thin ice last night, and you knew that. I only trusted you because I talked with Coach Dillard from your previous team, he said nothing would happen, and I trusted him. I found that that was my second mistake. My first mistake was ever thinking I could take on some random kid who just decided to show up in the middle of the season from the same school where Meredith came from", Coach takes a deep breath. A few guys laugh, almost silently, behind us. Cole and I give them a dirty look. "I thought that I could let it go because I needed a good center for my first line. You were him, Luke. But what you did last night was completely unacceptable. Do you know what that consequence is for doing that in high school hockey? You get expelled from our school, and quite possibly high school hockey itself. I'm sorry kid, you had it, and you blew it".

I motion for all of the guys to head back down the hall before anyone comes out of the office. I tell them to travel into their locker room and make themselves look busy with whatever. I can still hear the conversation down the hall.

"I'm sorry, sir. I did not mean to do that last night. I guess the excitement of the game got to me", I can hear Luke move from a chair, I'm guessing one he was either sitting or leaning on. "Thank you for that chance, sir. It meant the world to me". Luke walks out of the office. I duck behind the corner, hiding from him.

He walks down the hallway passed me. I stay silent and still, but he looks behind him. His eyes meet mine. He actually turns to me, standing about 20 feet away. "I just wanted another chance. Coming here to the same school as you was just a complete coincidence. I really didn't know you were gonna be at this school. I'm sorry I screwed everything up", he turns back to his original way, he just turns his head back to me a little. "See you around, Cher". His nickname for me, because my favorite thing in the world was sour cherry pie. I smile a little before he walks away.

I have no idea why, but I'm going to miss him. I'm going to miss the good side. Just a little. But I know this should have never happened.

Never.

Edited: 3/10/22