Chapter 3- Family Conversations

Roxanne sat outside the Gilbert residence banging her head on the steering wheel, mumbling under her breath insulting anyone and anything that had the unfortunate luck of crossing her mind. She shouldn't have let Elena get to her like that, she shouldn't have left, hell she should've just kicked Elena's arse but she didn't, she ran instead and that annoyed and angered Roxanne more than anything Elena could have said.

No matter how annoyed she was with both her sister and herself it that didn't stop the warmth she felt from her brother's reaction, he missed her! He actually missed her and didn't hate her. That alone was enough to make her heart swell and a grin to find its way on her face.

Roxanne vaguely wondered if her key would still work as she walked up to the front door, she didn't have wonder for long when she heard her key slot in and twisted it into place allowing the door to unlock and slightly open. Well that answered that question, she thought.

As she strolled inside she noticed that nothing had really changed in her absence, the stairs were the same oak wood in contrast with the egg shell white walls which still held various frames and photographs, through the wide rectangular snipped corner archway towards the back of the house the oak dining room table was still the first thing in sight, to the left of the front door was another rounded archway leading to the living room filled with furniture of neutral colours. Yes, appearances hadn't changed much in Roxanne's absence however that didn't mean the same for its residence.

With a sigh Roxanne decided to make her way upstairs to see if she still actually had a room.

The Mikaelson's all finished their current drink in silence before exiting the Grill. It seemed as though they had a silent agreement to take things back to the Mikaelson mansion, including Finn, which shocked the rest of his siblings quite a bit so much so that not even Kol could think of a snarky comment.

They all spared a glance towards the still shocked Mystic Falls gang minus Jeremy who was now practically bouncing with excitement sporting a face splitting grin and Elena who just kept on shooting him dirty looks whilst trying to maintain looking like a wounded puppy. Before they finally left the Grill and went home.

They were all sat in various parts of the living room, discussing what they had just witnessed. All expressing different emotions and opinions on the Gilbert reunion, Rebekah was happy and smug about Elena's reaction, Kol and Klaus couldn't hide their entertainment about the whole situation or their new fascination with the eldest Gilbert even Finn was expressing his interest and then there was Elijah. Who was still trying to sort through the strange feelings this 'Roxy' is making him experience with just one unclear glance of her face.

In all of his thousand years of being alive he has only ever cared for or loved a handful of women but never before has he felt anything like what he felt when he laid eyes upon Roxy Gilbert and that was troubling to him more than he'd like to admit.

"Did you see the look on that doppelwench's face" Rebekah broke off with gleeful laughter

"And here I thought that Mystic Falls was going to be so boring that I'd have to make my own fun, especially since I've got a few centuries to catch up on" Quipped Kol, before turning an accusing glare towards Klaus, who in turn just rolled his eyes.

"I've apologised for that already Kol, stop holding grudges. We're a family again"

"Speak for yourself, how exactly can I 'stop holding grudges' considering the fact that you've still got those daggers and our coffins on standby, ready for when one of us hurts your feels" Kol sneered