I Remember

You in the kitchen deciding on what snacks you wanted.You went in the fridge and got an Arizona Iced Tea and you grabbed some chips.You walked in the living room and watched some TV.Well until you heard the doorbell ring.You rolled your eyes and sighed.Then you got up and walked to door.You opened it.Roc was there smiling.

"What?"you asked with an attitude.

"Hi."he smiled

"Bye."you closed the door and sat back on the couch watching TV.

The doorbell rang again.You got up and opened the door.

"May I help you?"you stood on the door frame.

"Look I want to talk to you and before you close the door just hear me out."he said

"Ugh fine."you walked inside and he followed you.You sat down again turning off the TV."Go ahead talk nigga."

"I was a dub ass thats the first thing the second thing I played you like a game of checkers and I ruly apologize for that."he sat down and looked at you.

"Yeah whatever."you scoffed

"I'm serious."

"Where were you when I said I loved you?"you asked

He looked around.

"With you."he answered

"You're right but you never said back."you looked away holding back your tears.

He looked at you and looked away.He knew that the first time you said 'I love you' he never said it back and he felt extremely bad no horrible.

"I'm sorry for that."he admitted

"And where were you when I cried at night?"you continued asking

"Out."he said lowly

"What?"

"Out."he said louder than the first time.

"Exactly."you crossed your arms"Waiting up, couldn't sleep without you.Thinking of all the times we shared."you looked at him"3 o'clock in the morning Roc.That's the time you would come home every night."

He rubbed the sides of his head.

"I remember when my heart broke I remember when I gave up loving you my heart couldn't take no more of you I was sad and lonely."youlooked down avoiding tears and eye contact.

"I know because I was the cause of that and I was jackass for taking advantage of your love and you know what if I had a chance I would change everything that happened.I figured without you i'm nothing."

"I remember when I walked out I remember when I screamed I hated you but somehow deep inside still loving you sad and lonely."

He shook his head remembering the day you left him.Instead of him stopping you and making things right he let you slip right through his hands.

"No one knew all the pain I went through all the love I save deep in my heart for you."

"No one knew but I knew y/n.I knew because I caused the pain and I hate thtat I caused that much pain."

"When we broke up I didn't know where I would go where I would be."you said"BUT YOU made me leave and plus my heart kept telling me so."

He made a loud sigh.

"Was that nesscary?"

"Yeah."

"There was nowhere else to go,There was to turn to, no for the rest of my life I promised my self I will love me genuiley."

He nodded his head.Which meant he was listening to every word you said.

"I understand."he got up.You got up too walking him out the door.

"I remember when I walked out I remember when I gave up loving you my heart couldn't take no more of you so sad and lonely I remember when I stormed out I remember when I gave up loving you I was sad and lonely."you shook your head."I know you wanted to try it again bu-"he kissed you and you kissed back you missed him and he know you did too.You couldn't even deny.

He pulled away and smiled.

"Damn nigga I was gonna tell you I miss you."you smirked.

"I missed you too."he gave you another kiss.

Song:I Remember

Artist:Keyshia Cole