From Time

You were in the house chilling by yourself.You were thinking about Roc and all the good times you two shared.You noticed he hasn't called you in a minute so you decided to call him.All you both do is text each other.

"Hello."he picked up the phone.

"What's up? Been a minute since we kicked it."You smiled

"Nothing much y/n just chillin y'know."he answered with a chuckle

"I know."you nodded"You've been caught uo with them bitches I don't get it."you sighed

"Nah not really."he smiled"

"You're a star love."you smiled

"Just been going through a whole lot lately."

"You shouldn't have to deal with that I'll never make you feel like that."you sighed

"Why?"

"I love me, I love me enough for the both of us that's why you trust me I know you've been through the most of us."

"Yeah I know but-"

You cut him off.

"So what are you so afraid of darling you ,you give but you cannot take love."

"Open the door."

You got up and walked to the door and saw Roc.You gave him a tight hug and he chuckled and hugged you back.

"Wow didn't have to come."you said"Why did you come?"you smiled

"I needed to hear that shit I hate it when you're submissive passive aggressive when we're textin I feel the distance."he shook his head"I look around the peers that surround me these niggas tripping."

You sat down and he stared at you.

"I like when money makes a difference but don't make you different."he sighed"I miss hanging with you."

"I know you do."

"Started realizing a couple places I can take it I want to get back to when I was that kid in the basement I wanna take it further than money pussy vacation and influence a generation that's lacking in paitience."he stared at you"Just me and my old man getting back to the basics."

"I hear you."you nodded

"We've been talking about the futre and the time that we wasted, when he put the bottle down girl that nigga amazing well fuck it we had a couple coronas we might've rolled a white paper just something to hold us we even talked about you and our couple of moments."he looked down"He said we should just hash it out like a couple of grown ups."

"He remembers me?"

"Who doesn't."he sat down"You're a flower child beautiful child i'm in your zone looking like you came from the 70's on your own my mother is 66 and her favorite line to hit me with is who the fuck wants to be 70 and alone."

"Who does?'you shrugged your shoulders.

"I know."he smiled"Ya'll don't even know what you want from love anymore I search for something i'm missing then disappear when i'm bored but girl what qualities are you looking for?Who you settling for who else better than ya boy huh?"he asked

You sat there and stared at him blankly.

"Thinking bout Texas back when Porsche worked at Treasures or further back than that when I had a Houston Leverage when I got summer a Micheal Kors with my momma's debit."

"I remember that."you laughed

"A weak attemot at flexing i'll never forget it."he laughed too"Cause that night I played her three songs then we talked about something we disagreed on then she told how i'm never gonna be as big as Trey Songz boy was she wrong that was just negative energy for me to feed off."

"I had yo back no matter what."You played with his hair as he laid on your shoulder.

"Now its therapeutic blowing money in the galleria or Beverely Macy's where I discovered Bria landmarks to the muses that inspired the music when I could tell it was sincere without trying to prove it the one that I needed was Kourtney from hooters on P street."

"Are you just gonna tell me about these girls."

"Maybe."

You rolled your eyes.

"I've always been feeling she was the piece to complete me no she engaged to be married what's the rush on commintment? Now we going through some shit name a couple that isn't."he looked up at you.

"Uh Jay and Beyonce and Barack and Michelle."

He kissed his teeth.

"How do you know that they are not going through anything.

"I dunno."

"Remember our talk in the parking lot at Ritz."

"Yeah."

"Girl I felt we had it all planned out guess I fucked up the vision."

"Heh."

"Learning the true consequence of my selfish decisions when you find out how i'm living I hope i'm forgiven."

"I been forgave you."

"It seems like you don't want this love anymore i'm acting out in open its hard for you to ignore  but girl what qualities was I looking for?Who settling for who else better than the boy huh?"

"I dunno."

He looked at the wall.

"So what are you?"What are you what are you so afraid of Roc?"you made him look at you

"I'm afraid of losing you again?"

"Darling you, you give but you cannot take love."

"I try y/n I tr-"you interrupted him with a kiss

"Shut up sometimes and listen sometimes."you smiled"Look i'm giving you love and showing you affection Roc all I want is the same and protection babe that's it i'm a simple girl I don't ask for much."

"Ok."he nodded.

"Promise?"

"Promise."

Song:From Time

Artist:Drake ft Jhene Aiko.