Christmas

Episode- Season 1, episode 9 man in the fallout shelter

Pt 2

Me and zack sat, facing eachother talking.

"so when i recieved the letter from dr. Brennan i was ecstatic. I flew from New York here." I continued my story of how i came to the Jeffersonian. "I heard you singing Bohemian rhapsody by Queen earlier" zack said. "Oh. You heard that?" I said sarcastically. He nodded. "Yea im a music enthusiast. I love song from the 90s mostly. I especially love Aerosmith, The Beatles, and Pink Floyd. My aesthetic." I joked. We both laughed and stood up. "So who did you get for the secret santa?" I asked. "Im pretty sure the rules of secret santa are to keep it a secret" he said. "I was joking" i laughed. "Who ever got you, what do you want. Not saying i got you, just in case someone asks me for help." I said. "I probably would want something to do with friendship. Im friends with everyone here. Well maybe not Booth but mainly everyone. And now you" he finished. Jeez how am I supposed to do anything with that. "What about you?" He said. "I dont know. Music maybe? There is literally nothing in this place to do with music but if not music maybe something artsy"

*at dinner*
We all gathered around the examination table, not to examine a body but to eat. the hasmat suit team brought in Chinese food for us all.

"So if Lionel was a coin collector, that might explain the ammounts of nickel and lead in his bone" hodgins said laughing. I was sitting between Zack and Dr. Brennan. "When do they insert the needle in your brain" zack said. I turned to his and slapped his shoulder playfully. "I sneezed because the air is dry. Its not valley fever." Dr. Brennan looked annoyed. "Any other symptoms? Headache?" Goodman said. "Any foul smelling postules on the shins?" Zack said. I slapped him again. Goodman started to talk about the letters, telling us the letters were most likely from an African American girl in the 50s, who was pregnant. "This isnt a very Christmas eve type story" angela said. "Of course it is. The whole christ myth is based upon the travels of an unwed mother." Brennan said. The entire time me and zack exchanging looks of uncertainty. "Ok can we stop bringing up the whole christ myth thing." Booth said angrily. "You know some people believe its more than a myth" "well who besides you" "That would be me dr. Brennan" goodman suddenly said. "Im the deacon at my church."

"I do. Christmas and easter anyways" said angela. Brennan looked at Hodgins. "Although i believe organized religion is just another political movement designed to control the masses doesnt mean god doesnt love me" then everyone looked at me and zack. "hey im a rational empiricist all the way" he said. "Unless you talk to my mother. Then im Lutheran" I suddenly burst out laughing. Everyone gave me off glances. "Oh im sorry" i said. "I just couldnt believe that me and zack were so similar. Im a rational empiricist also. And them again theres my adoptive family. Who is also Lutheran." Zack looked at me shocked. "Hey. Funny coincidence" he said. (A/n Im sorry to talk about religion, im taking dialogue right from the episode. Im also sorry if your not a rational empiricist or Lutheran. I just wanted to add this scene because when I recently watched this episode i realized that Zack is Lutheran, same as my religion. Funny coincidence? I think not)

Soon after discussion of the case more a man in a hasmat suit came in. "Visiting hours folks. Whos first" goodman took his chance to see his little girls first.

I sat above, watching people wait for their loved ones. Goodman saw his twin daughters and his wife. Booth saw his son parker. Hodgins saw his girlfriend. Angela saw her father, who looked quite familiar. As i sat i saw zack put the communication device in his ear and walk up to the doors. A flood of people came in. He must have a big family. They all waved to him, and i saw his adorable quirky smile. As They all talked, i got up, seemingly to catch the attention of one of his family members. I saw the man point in my direction, and i saw zack turn my way. He smiled at me, but the smile soon went away when he must have heard his relative say something, cause he spun back around and i heard him lower his voice. Soon everyone in his family was laughing. I smiled. My adoptive family wasnt coming to see me. I was by myself this Christmas. I looked at his family and saw him walking down the long row of his family, placing his hand on the opposite of theirs. I stood their watching as they all started to leave, a sad but understanding look on zacks face as he saw his family leave. As they left, he walked over to me. "Big family huh?" I said. "They are all so sweet. They are so understanding of me being trapped here" he said. "So what did your father say about me?" I giggled. His face flushed. "He just said that you look like a girl that is my age and would be good for me. But i told him we are strictly partners" he said. I flattened. Why did him saying that upset me. I wasn't crushing on zack was i?