Meet my family

It was Thursday. We'd been in NYC for about 2 days now and I can say that it felt amazing to be home.

"Ok we are going to my parents apartment" I said as we all walked towards the sidewalk outside of the hotel. Zack was nervous, as he had never met my parents. "Are you sure they are going to like me?" He said, breathing into his hands and rubbing them together to keep the warm. "Yea Zack is a bit of a realist" Angela said. "I've told you all this a million times. My parents are almost exactly like Zack and Brennan. Very antisocial, realists, factual. My dad was a detective in the FBI and my mom is an artist"

Everyone grunted in reply as i hailed a taxi. "We will take this and you guys can hail another" Hodgins said. He, Angela, and Lance all got into the cab. I looked through the passenger side window and told the driver my parents address. He nodded and off they went. I hailed another and Booth, Brennan, Zack, and I all got inside. I repeated the address, adjusting my hat. Zack was stuck between Booth and I.

---at (y/n)s parents apartment---
"This is it!" I said as I got out of the cab. Everyone stood in front of the door, and I searched for my parents buzzer. I found apartment 56 and pressed the button. "It's me" I said. I heard the faint voice of my little sister and the door unlocked. We opened it and made our way to the stairs. "Elevators broken" I said, turning to see the dropped faces of my friends. "Floor 8 I smiled." Everyone groaned again but Zack started first up the stairs. He was very determined to meet my family.

Finally at the top of the stairs, we were all breathing heavily. "Ok let's do this" I said knocking on my parents apartment door. The door opened slowly, and I saw my dad standing there. He looked outside a bit and realized it was me. A huge smile spread across his face and he spread his arms and tightly hugged me. I hugged him back as a tear slid down my cheek. "Hi dad" I said, my voice shaking.

"Hello sweet pea" he said. He loosened his grip on my and stood up straight again. He looked at everyone else. "And who are these fine people?"

"Uh dad these are my friends who I work with at the Jeffersonian." I turned to them and they all gave a slight wave. "Oh I recognize you" I heard my dad say. "Seeley Booth correct?" He outstretched his arm to Booth and he shook his hand. "How about we continue introductions inside. Where is mom?" I said. "She's in her art room. I'll go get her" he said leaving the doorway. We all made our way into the apartment and I smiled. I had missed it.

We all walked to the living room and all sat down. Zack sat next to me and I could tell he was nervous. "You'll be fine" I whispered.

I looked up and saw my mom walk out of the hall into the room and I quickly stood up and hugged her. She hugged me back and I loosed my grip on her. I looked at her and she picked up her hands.

It's so great to have you back (Y/N) she signed. I know. I'm glad to be back mom I signed back. I looked to my friends and saw confused faces. Oh shit I forgot to tell them. My mom is deaf.

A/N
Sorry I've been so busy lately. Happy new year btw. I know it's super short but it's all I could do rn. Hope you like it. Message me ideas and stuff like that. I have a bunch of ideas for the future. Just you wait😘