Hey Jude

The explosion occurred as FBI agents searched the shop for escaped serial killer Howard Epps. At least one person was killed in the blast. Dr. (Y/N) (L/N), a forensic anthropologist who was working with FBI, died at the scene. Special Agent Seely Booth remains in critical condition.

Booth laughed, watching the news report on the couch in Dr. Brennan's office. "Okay, that's creepy" he said. "(Y/N) dead and me in critical condition." In reality, Booth had almost no injuries, and I sat at the opposite end of the couch, alive and well. I had a few burns on my stomach, shoulders, and arms, but it wasn't bad. "Why?" Zack said. "It's not true."

"Let's just hope Epps buys it" Brennan said. She put her hand on my shoulder. "You going to be alright?" I looked at her and Zack. "The doctor said most of my injuries didn't come from the explosion but from being slammed into the floor" I turned to Booth. "Apparently you're extremely strong"

"Did you have to be so rough on her?" Zack said. "It was a bomb! I was, you know, being heroic." Booth said.

I turned to Zack and Brennan. "I was heroic too" I said in a nervous voice. Was I heroic? "Yes you were" Brennan reassured me. "Somebody saved somebody that's all I'm saying" booth said agitated. "Well I got the poison" I looked at Zack.

"Which is good because Carolines body was blown to pieces" he said. "That was good thinking, you know, keeping your wits" Booth sucked air through his teeth. "But, I mean, what I did was...uh..." Brennan raised her eyes at him telling him to shut up. "I guess if you have to explain yourself why you're a hero you're not really a hero" Zack nodded at booth and took hold of my hand softly.

"Methyl Bromide mixed with Plaster Dust. That's what made it so hard to isolate" Hodgins said as he walked quickly into the room. "Well? What's the cure?" Booth said as stood up quickly. "Racedemic epinephrine. I called the hospital they are starting an I.V."

"Shouldn't you be there for that?" Brennan said. Oh yea I forgot. Booth and Cam were....involved. "Priorities in life, man. One, be there when someone you love comes back from the brink of death. Two, catch the serial killer. Everything after that is unimportant" Hodgins said. "I'm going to the hospital to see Cam. You both are going to go home and get to sleep" booth pointed to Brennan and Zack. "Why can't I go home?" I questioned.

"Didn't you just hear what they said on the news? You're dead!" Booth yelled at me. I winced. "What about Epps?" Brennan said. "I've got an entire surveillance team outside your house watching you. Why does everybody question me." He walked out and I looked at Zack, seeing that he already had his piercing brown eyes on me. I looked into them and he smiled slightly. "You are still the hero" he said. I smiled back.

--------later------------
Brennan was about to go home. "Do you want me to spend the night here with you?" Zack said to me. I wanted him to. I really did.

"I would feel better if you did" I said. He nodded and smiled a bit, and went to hug me. I winced in pain as he wrapped his arms around me. He pulled away his arms and looked at me concerned. "Did I hurt you?" He said. "I'm ok."

"I'm going to go home quickly and grab a few things. I will be back in 20 minutes. Is that okay?" I nodded in response and he placed a kiss on my forehead and made his way with Hodgins to their home.

I walked around a bit, every once in a while seeing a security officer. I began thinking about Zack. His appearance his likes.

Over the span of knowing him I had learned about his love for planes and his love for anthropology. He had over 40 members of his family and even though he doesn't enjoy his visits that much with them, he does it because they love him. And he loves them.

He had trouble showing his emotions. He had an I.Q. well above 163, with eidetic memory, also known as photographic memory. He had curly brown hair. Oh how I loved his hair. His brown eyes were beautiful and I couldn't help but stare at him sometimes. Not a lot of people seem to think Zack is on the cute side. I definitely thought of him as cute. He has trouble showing his emotions. It took him a while to muster up the courage to kiss me. We hold hands once in a while. Same thing with putting his arm around me.

I heard the sound of someone walk into the Jeffersonian, and knew it was the sweet geek I call my boyfriend when I heard him whistling "Hey Jude" by The Beatles.

-----------flashback-----------
"So I'll be at your apartment at 7 and I will bring the case files." Zack said as we walked towards the front of the Jeffersonian. "Ok. I'll make dinner if you want"

"That sounds great. See you there" He smiled at me and we parted ways.

Later

I set two plates down on the table as I heard my doorbell right. I looked through the peephole and saw Zack, files in hand, his hair a neat mess. I opened the door for him and greeted him with a hug. "It's so nice that you came" I said. He nodded and walked over to the table. "I made some pizza, if that sounds good." I said as I went over to the oven to pull out the pizza. "That sounds good" he pulled out the papers and lay them across the table. "So I think where we should begin is the location the body was found. The-" I cut him off with a sarcastic look. "Think we can save the case for after? It's been such a long day" "but I thought-" I cut him off again. "I need a break from the dead bodies for a few hours" I laughed. He laughed as well, and he seemed surprised himself that he was laughing.

I took out the pizza and cut it. I have him a slice, and a slice for myself. "So how well do you know the Beatles Hey Jude album?" He laughed. "Well I did give it to you so I know it pretty well" I laughed along with him and smiled. "Are you a singer Zack?"

"Well I sang as a child. I took lessons and I seem to understand that I'm quite gifted." He said in a matter of fact tone. "Oh really? Show me"

He unexpectedly began singing.

Hey Jude don't make it bad
Take a sad song and make it better
Remember to let her into your heart
Then you can start to make it better

Just one verse was enough for me to stand up, giving him a much deserved mini standing ovation. He smiled to himself, and I saw a tint of red on his cheeks. "It's just something I do." He said. "Well its amazing!"

We then walked in the living room and I took out my speaker and started playing his CD, the song Hey Jude.

As I stood next to my CD player I started swaying to the song. "This is my favorite song from the Beatles" I heard from behind me. I turned around and saw that he had stood up and was now standing in front of me, hand extended. "Would you like to dance?" He offered. "Wow Zachary Addy I never took you for a dancing type"

"I'm not" and with that he put his hand on my waist and we began waltzing/swaying to the music. I smiled at him and he gave me a giggle. Oh god am I falling in love?