6 feet under

I walked down to the parking lot with my best friend Zack. It was apparent that i liked him. Its just, i couldnt decide it he did. I've been working at the Jeffersonian for a few months now and have made friends with everyone. "So (Y/N) do you think we should work later tomorrow. Dr Brennan wants us to work harder on this specific case" Zack said as we walked. "I guess so. It sounds like she really wants this one on top priority"

We walked up to my car, opening the car door to start my drive home. Zack opened his side too, seeing as he was staying for dinner that night. Friday nights were dinner nights. Just something friends do. I started climbing in, talking about something from work, when I felt a sting on my neck, and everything went black.

I woke up in the back seat of a car, complete darkness and sat up. I felt around until I fell forward and hit the light button on the ceiling of the car. As I hit it, the light came on and I saw Zack sleeping in the front seat. "Zack? Zack!" I said. He woke up, startled and looked around. "(Y/N)?" He turned his head and saw me. "Oh my god what's going on? Where are we?" He looked around, and tried to roll down the window. As it rolled down gravel poured into the vehicle. He rushed to roll the window up, and soon the gravel stopped. We looked around, and realized that we were underground.

"He got us" he said quietly. "Who?" I said looking at him curiously. "The gravedigger. We are buried underground (Y/N). There's no way out unless they pay the ransom." He put his hands through his hair and sighed. "Who? Who did he contact for the ransom?" I questioned. I should've known it was a stupid question, because how would he know?

"He most likely contacted Booth, Brennan, Angela, and Hodgins." I ran my hands through my hair as well and leaned back, hitting the back car seat. "We are screwed." I whispered. I suddenly remembered the pain in my neck. I felt the back of my neck, and lifted my (H/C) hair up to show Zack. "Zack what is this?" I showed Zack. "I'm about 95% sure that it is a mark from a stun gun." I put my hair down and turned to him.

"Zack how much time to we have till we run out of air?" "Well how long have we been down here?" He said. I looked at my watch. "Maybe 2 hours" "The gravedigger is very consistent. If we started with 12 hours of oxygen we will be unconscious in 10. If no one pays the ransom..." He trailed off not wanting to say the words.

"We're dead" i finished.

I closed my eyes tightly and silent tears made their way down my cheeks. At this point I had been sitting in the passenger seat of the car, next to Zack. He saw me crying. I didn't want him to but it happened. He reached his hand out and slowly wrapped his hand around mine, squeezing it. He rested it there as if it's where it belonged.

And it did belong there.

^oh my god. I'm back from the dead I'm so sorry I haven't written anything. With everything from schoolwork to relationships I've been super busy but your support and love for this book has encouraged me to write another chapter. I've actually been working on it for a while now and just now got to finishing it. Thank you so much! I love you all :)^