Stay on with me

Zack walked into the Jeffersonian, two coffees in his hand whistling Hey Jude.

"Zack?" I said. I saw him turn a corner and I saw his face. A smile split across his face the moment he saw me.

"I got a coffee for you. I had Hodgins drive me to DnD so I could get them." He gave me my coffee and I took a sip. "You know you should really get a drivers license." I said teasing. He laughed a bit and sat down in the lounge area with me. Suddenly the phone rang. I went to pick it up but Zack stopped me. "Oh yea" I said. "Forgot. I'm dead"

He picked up the phone. "Jeffersonian. Dr. Zack Addy speaking" he listened to the caller and his face lit up. "Yes I will definitely tell her. Yes I will take her home" he hung up the phone and turned to me. "They got Epps. You're safe" I smiled and he went to hug me.

Again, I winced in pain as he tried to wrap his arms around me. "I am so sorry I keep doing that" he said. "I'll call Hodgins and he can give you a ride home." He said picking up his phone. He called Hodgins.

"Hey I'm gunna need you to come back and pick us up. Yes I heard they got Epps. Yes she is safe. Thank you" he hung up and smiled. "Why are you so happy?" I said jokingly.

"It is common for someone to feel emotions of excitement and happiness when someone they care about has been relieved of the fear of death or anxiety" he said seriously. I understood what he meant. In human, it means he is happy that I am no longer in danger. Oh my god how hard am I going to fall for him?

We walked to the front of the Jeffersonian, and as we made our ways through the large front doors of the lab, I felt his hand brush against mine, and he laced his fingers with mine. There, again, I felt the butterflies that I received whenever I looked a him.

----------a week later-----------
I walked into the lab, looking for Zack. I hadn't seen him in a few days because they had given me a week off of work, and he usually stopped by everyday but he had been busy for the past 2 days on something important.

As I walked through the lab I saw no one. Where was everyone? Hodgins, Angela, Booth, Brennan, and Zack were all gone. I walked towards and saw them all gathered in Dr. Brennan's office. Everyone was sitting down, except Zack. I saw him speaking to everyone but I couldn't make out what he was saying. I stood in a specific spot that I was not visible to anyone.

He started speaking directly to Booth, and then he started to speak to Hodgins. Angela nodded and I saw Brennan nod as well. And then I saw it.

Zack pulled a ring out of his pocket, and he placed it in a small box.

Oh my god is Zack going to propose? We've only been dating a few months. We haven't even had sex yet. We agreed that it would be something we would wait for, something spontaneous and in the future.

I stood there, shock plastered on my face, and I began walking away. I decided to go to the bone room and examine the bones of one of the recent cases. Zack had dropped off copies of the case details the day the body had been brought into the Jeffersonian. I was carefully analyzing the left wrist when-

"(Y/N)! I didn't know you had come back yet." I almost jumped out of my skin, and screamed a bit. "Oh." I said, seeing who it was. "Angela I didn't see you there" I sighed and put a hand on my chest. "You are super jumpy are you okay?" She said. She walked over to me and put the back of her hand on my forehead. "Oh honey you are burning up. You need to lay down." "There's no need I'm fine" I reassured her. "It's just really hot in here" she looked at me, suspicious. "Yea. Ok. I'll come back in a little bit to check up on you" she said. I nodded and went back to work.

I guess I hadn't noticed the time going by, because before I knew it I looked at my watch and it was lunch. I took off my gloves, picked up my notebook with my notes and made my way to the lounge. I had brought my own lunch today, not wanting to waste time. I wanted to get this case solved. As I sat down I saw Zack walking up the stairs to the lounge too. My breathe hitched and my face turned red.