Lance Sweets & Comics

I made my way to the front door of my apartment, pulling out my key and turning it in the lock. I opened it and saw the bright sunlight gleaming through my windows. The team had cleaned my apartment while I was in the hospital, and everything was neat and clean. I smiled and looked around. I made my way to the kitchen and made myself a sandwich.

Suddenly I heard knocking. "Hello?" I yelled, reluctantly walking towards my door. I heard a knock again and decided to open it. I opened the door and there stood my biological brother, Lance Sweets.

"LANCE!" I yelled, jumping into his arms. He laughed and swung me around. "How long have you been here?" I said once he set me softly on the ground. "I've been at the Jefferson for a month now. Where have you been?" I walked to my couch and patted the seat next to me. He closed my front door and walked to me. "I do, but I've been in the hospital" he nodded. "Wait, how did you know I work there?" I said, giving him a puzzled look. "Oh. How could anyone not know. Zack has been talking about you nonstop" I blushed and looked off to the side. "Yea..that's my boyfriend" he laughed a bit. "Well you got one who absolutely adores you" I looked back at him. "How do you know?" I said.

"He mentions you whenever the moment suggests you or he can make anything about you. Here's some examples" he adjusted his seating. "Dr Brennan went to ask Zack to identify, and Zack took the information, jumped in his car and drove to the hos-" I cut him off right away "Wait... Zack doesn't have a drivers license" he looked at my confused. "Yes he does. He got it a few weeks ago. Been studying for weeks for his test" "he got his license" I said in disbelief "I kept joking about it but he actually did it" I laughed. "Huh." Lance said.

"Sweetheart, I think he loves you" he said. "I-I don't know" I said, standing up. "It's obvious he does" he stood up and walked to the kitchen. "I'd rather you not raid my fridge. Do you want something to eat?" I said. "Changing the subject is not a good idea (Y/N) I'm sticking to my observations." I looked down. "I've never been in love before Lance. I don't know what I'm doing"

"So you love him too" "I didn't say that Lance don't put words in my mouth!" I made my way to walk away but he grabbed my shoulder to stop me. "(Y/N) you can't just hide your feelings forever that's not how this works. You are in a relationship where you finally have strong emotional feelings of love and it's quite obvious he returns those feelings" I didn't look up at him, afraid of what I was going to see. "He tells me a lot about you" he said. "I went out for lunch with him once. All he did was talk about you. Your love for the Beatles. His dance lessons. Christmas last year. He keeps both of those stones in his pocket at all times. I don't know if you've noticed but he turns them in his hands when he is stressed." I looked at him. "I've never seen him do that"

"He confessed to me that he is never stressed when you are in his presence and that you are the only person that can calm his nerves. He said it's a mutual thing and that you have had anxiety attacks often?" I nodded. "I do. He helps"

"Look. All I'm saying is that you shouldn't wait too long to say it to him. I know he wants to say it soon." He said. He started walking towards my front door but I stopped him. "Lance a month ago I saw Zack holding a ring, showing it to everyone at the lab" "are you afraid he's going to propose?" he looked at me puzzled. "Oh wait I know what you are talking about. Zack told me he had read something online about promise rings. He bought you one but isn't planning on giving it to you until he confesses his feelings" I sighed in relief. "Okay. I was worried. We haven't said I love you or even had sex" I said.

"Oh yea" Lance laughed. "He's been bugging Hodgins, Booth, and I about sex questions. I think he will be emotionally ready for that around the point when he says I love you." I blushed at what he said. He's been asking them about sex?

"Lance" I said before he made his way to my door. "I think I love him" he nodded and walked towards me. "I won't tell a soul" he said. He kissed my forehead and walked out the front door. I smiled to myself. I think I'm in love with Zachary Addy.

-----the next day-----
"IM BACK!" I yelled as I walked into the lab. I smiled as I saw all of my friends. "Hey!" They all yelled. Zack put down what he was doing and ran to me, quickly wrapping his arms around me almost knocking me over. "Calm down!" I laughed. "You saw me the other day!" He buried his head in my neck. "I know but I still missed you" I smiled and tightly hugged him back.

"It's great to have you back sweetie" Angela said as I walked onto the platform, swiping my card. "So what is the news for today." I said, eager to start my job once again. "Actually, we just got a call for a crime scene and a body. We were waiting on you so you, Zack, and Brennan can come with me to the scene" Booth said.

We arrived at the scene. Brennan, Zack and I rode in a separate car while booth got there before us. We got out of the car and walked towards the crime scene tape. "Bones!" Booth yelled. "I'm on it" she said. "We got here as fast as we could" we went under the crime scene tape. "I think you will find this interesting" he said, leading us to the body.

"What the hell is he wearing?" Brennan said. She leaned over and tapped on the bodies chest. "It's light weight. Composite" she moved a piece slightly. "Looks like cellulose in there, degraded from bodily tissues and decomposing fat." She continued. "And maggots" booth added. Zack took a picture with the camera. He looked at the body, analyzing it. "Tibial plateau fractures and ground disturbance suggest total body impact." I nodded in agreement. "Did he jump or was he pushed bones" Booth said, looking at Dr. Brennan. "That's what we have to figure out." As dr. Brennan and Booth were talking about the body, Zack and I kept taking pictures. "So when were you going to tell me you got your drivers license?" I said. He laughed. "I was going to surprise you but I guess someone foiled that plan" he said, snapping another picture. "Yea. Lance came around to my apartment yesterday"

He looked up from his camera. "What did he say?" He said nervously. "Just told me about what's been going on in the lab." He nodded and turned his head back to the body. "Um I was wondering if you wanted to go on a um date sometime soon" he said. I looked at him surprised. He quickly looked at me, trying to explain. "We've been dating for a couple months now, but it's about time I took you on an official date" I smiled at him. "Pick you up at..say 7?" I giggled. "I would love that" I said. He smiled at me, probably the purest smile I've ever seen in my life.

---back at the lab---
"Epiphyseal union with the dialysis on the wrists, knees and ankles suggest the victim was between 14 and 18 years old" Zack said as we stood around the body, laying on the examination table. "1.6 meters tall, a very slight build suggesting he was at the younger side of the scale" I said. Hodgins walked up. "The tracks on the bag. The degraded cellulose we found is a graphic novel" "a what?" Brennan said, looking at Hodgins. "It's a comic book" I said. I was a big comic book reader, and was actually waiting on my newest one to arrive in the mail. Green Lantern!

"I don't really read comic books much" Zack said. I laughed to myself, knowing how Hodgins was going to react. I knew Zack wasn't a comic book guy, but he reads them with me once in a while.

"Really?! Oh I had you pegged for a graphic novel nut!" Hodgins said, laughing. "The face and cranial vault are badly fractured. Blows are parietal have sent radiating fracture lines between the mid-frontal and anterior temporal buttresses." Zack said pointing to the monitor. "Why?" He turned to Hodgins. "Star Wars. Star Trek. Stargate. Battle star gellactica-"

"Focusing gentleman." Brennan cut them off. "Conclusion?" Zack said, turning towards me. "Brutal assault killed him." I said. He nodded and smiled at me.

"Hey do you think you want to come over, over lunch and read some comics?" I said. "I would like that very much" he replied. I smiled to myself and looked at Booth and Hodgins talk about the case.

"I'm going to call Beijing and Stockholm." Zack nodded and she and Hodgins left the platform. "I'm going to go with Booth to the victims house. You can go to lunch" she said to us. I nodded and started walking off the platform. I heard fast footsteps behind me as I walked towards the front of the Jeffersonian. I heard them slow behind me and meet my pace. I looked to my side and saw Zack walk up, lightly nudging his hand against mine. I giggled as he took his chance and paced his fingers in my. We started to walk to my car hand in hand.

A/N- so I've decided to do at least one chapter a day. Maybe two, but not too many. I want to make this last. I hope this doesn't off-put anyone but I see this as being a REALLY long book. Don't forget to comment ideas!