Home is where the heart is

I made my way out of the hospital with Angela pushing my wheelchair and Zack wheeled out by Hodgins.

I stood up and got into the back of the car that Hodgins and Angela had brought to pick us up. As I sat down in the car I got flashbacks from the car underground. Flashbacks of running out of air. I saw the same pain on Zacks face as he entered the car also, and we made eye contact.

We hadn't kissed again since the big moment after being rescued. I wanted desperately to kiss him again. We were kept in separate rooms and I missed him during that time. We were in the hospital for about a week until we were allowed to be released. We hugged automatically when we saw each other.

We sat in the back of the car, and I looked around the car. I suddenly became short of breathe and put a hand to my chest. Zack looked at me with a concerned face. He quickly turned to face Hodgins and Angela. "Stop the car now!" Angela quickly pulled over the car and Zack flung his car door open and ran to mine. He opened my door and I fell to the sidewalk gasping for air. Zack wrapped his arms around me and whispered to me. "It's going to be ok it's over now" I cried into his shirt as Hodgins and Angela watched.

I felt Zack pick me up bridal style and carry me back to the car. He sat in the back seat with me in his arms and quietly told them to start driving. We arrived to my apartment a couple minutes later. As we rode in the car Zack stroked my hair as if I were the most delicate thing in the world. Zack opened the door and helped me out, walking me to the front of my apartment building.

"So you can call me when you need me I will always be near my house and cell. I'm here for you." He said as he looked into my eyes. I nodded and smiled slightly at how surprisingly caring he was. Not what you expect when you first meet him. "Ok. I'll see you soon" I let go of his hand and started to walk away but heard soft talking from inside the car and a quiet "oh" from Zack. He then grabbed my arm, stopping me from moving. He pulled me back in front of him. He took his hand, out it under my chin and pulled it towards him, making for a very romantic kiss. We pulled away and I looked into his eyes.

We stood there for a minute, smiling like idiots in the middle of the sidewalk. I then made my way to my apartment, but not after a small peck on the side of his cheek. I said goodbye and made my way upstairs. I saw him get into the car, smiling like an idiot and taking to Hodgins and Angela. .